Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Erin Go Bragh!
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant find this anywhere, but...
Do I have to use 15" or larger wheels when upgrading to the NX2K's on my b14?

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
14 or larger, but with 14in wheels you wil need to;
A. grind some of the caliper off.
B. use a wheel spacer
i am doing the latter untill i buy new tires and repaint my se-r wheels. (i have not instaled the brakes yet)

·
Erin Go Bragh!
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1.6pete said:
14 or larger, but with 14in wheels you wil need to;
A. grind some of the caliper off.
B. use a wheel spacer
i am doing the latter untill i buy new tires and repaint my se-r wheels. (i have not instaled the brakes yet)
Yikes... looks like I'll have to get me some SE-R wheels!

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
DraftEm98 said:
Yikes... looks like I'll have to get me some SE-R wheels!
Yikes, it looks like you're gonna have to get B14 SE-R wheels. The B13 SE-R 14"x5" wheels don't clear the NX brakes.

·
Erin Go Bragh!
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bahearn said:
Yikes, it looks like you're gonna have to get B14 SE-R wheels. The B13 SE-R 14"x5" wheels don't clear the NX brakes.
Does it have something to do with the offset?
If so, what offset should be used on the B14 when upgrading to NX2k's? (if going w/ aftermarket wheels)

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
no im pretty sure the b13 se-r wheels WILL clear the brakes because the the nx2000 came with 14 inch wheels. my 14in b14 wheels will not fit without spacers.

·
Boxed Fox
1,313 Posts
1.6pete said:
no im pretty sure the b13 se-r wheels WILL clear the brakes because the the nx2000 came with 14 inch wheels. my 14in b14 wheels will not fit without spacers.
The B13 SE-R and NX2000 wheels were different. Only the NX2000 14" wheels fit because of the way the inside rim was cut.

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
no im pretty sure the b13 se-r wheels WILL clear the brakes
I'm absolutely positive they won't. Why don't you come on over to my house and see for yourself.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
bahearn said:
I'm absolutely positive they won't. Why don't you come on over to my house and see for yourself.
no need for hostility, i was just under the assumption that the nx2000 had the ser wheels, my bad.

·
Erin Go Bragh!
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1.6pete said:
no need for hostility, i was just under the assumption that the nx2000 had the ser wheels, my bad.
Well, if I wanna go the cheap route, then it looks as if though I can grab some NX2000 wheels from a junkyard. If theyre not steelies than I get the added benefit of not having to run around on ghey-ass wal-mart hubcaps!

:loser: (<--me with my low-dow hubs)

BTW, what offset is recommended for B14's? I know about spacers, but not too wise with offsets.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
DraftEm98 said:
Well, if I wanna go the cheap route, then it looks as if though I can grab some NX2000 wheels from a junkyard. If theyre not steelies than I get the added benefit of not having to run around on ghey-ass wal-mart hubcaps!

:loser: (<--me with my low-dow hubs)

BTW, what offset is recommended for B14's? I know about spacers, but not too wise with offsets.
Honestly man I think you need to search harder. Both the NX brake question and the offset question have been answered countless times.

The NX wheels were 14" alloy wheels and the B14 offset is 40MM.

·
Boxed Fox
1,313 Posts
DraftEm98 said:
I'm not sure how cheap that is going to be. The cheapest junkyard in my area with a NX2000 wanted to charge me as much for NX2000 wheels as it cost me to get new 14" Borbet wheels.

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
1.6pete said:
no need for hostility...
I can't for the life of me figure out why you thought there was any hostility intended.

I have the NX brakes on my B13 SE-R. I still have the original wheels in the garage. I was offering you a chance to give it a try.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
oh, im not down for a long drive today :thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts