Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
as of right now i have the saw blades on my car (see pic at bottom) well i have been searching for about 2 days now because i know the thread exists! but i cant find it at all! i have pm'd many people and no luck, well i will just ask in my own thread (scream, yell, hollar, i dont care but give me info after you yell at me) how do you need to gride the caliper to fit the 14in. saw blades? i do have se-r wheels but the tires are shot and i dont have enough money to buy tires yet and i need these brakes.
-iirc the problem is that on my wheels where the spokes meet the wheel on the inside is rounded, and the 14in. wheels that came with the nx200 were square, so i need to grind the outer edge of the caliper round correct?and if anyone has a "before and after" pic that would be superb!

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
Won't fit unless you do some grinding. Find some decent 15" or larger rims and they'll fit fine. I know from MY personal experience the 16's work fine (obviously). Get a set of the 15" SE-R rims and they'll work fine.

·
NX2000 Bredren
212 Posts
^^He knows that they wont fit without grinding. Unless you have b14 SE-R wheels they arent going to fit without grinding the caliper also. Unless your brake pads on the AD22's are worn down.

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
I personally wouldn't mess with the grinding. Just get the larger rims. It'll make your life a TON easier.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have se-r wheels but i need tires AND brakes asap.

·
NX2000 Bredren
212 Posts
nismo1.6 said:
i have se-r wheels but i need tires AND brakes asap.
You keep saying you have SE-R rims...are they B13 or B14 SE-R rims? If they are B13 then all you have to do is grind the calipers down to where they dont touch the rims...whatever touches the rim when you put it on before grinding is what you need to grind down until it doesnt touch anymore. Simple

·
NX2000 Bredren
212 Posts
nismo1.6 said:
i have b14.............look at my cardomain.
Yeah, but your sig says you have a GXE so I couldnt automaticaly assume that you had B14 SE-R rims. I also didnt assume that you knew that B13 SE-R rims wouldnt fit. I try to Assume nothing...it makes it easier to help people :)

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Johnny-wonk said:
Yeah, but your sig says you have a GXE so I couldnt automaticaly assume that you had B14 SE-R rims. I also didnt assume that you knew that B13 SE-R rims wouldnt fit. I try to Assume nothing...it makes it easier to help people :)
You are soooo right about that.

Anyway here are pictures of some shaved calipers.
http://www.se-r.net/brakes/shell_b13/index.html

·
Respek Knuckles
1,172 Posts
whats wrong with the stock brakes?
and how bad are the tires on the ser rims

·
Registered
215 Posts
I don't know about the stock wheels for the 200SX (14's) but I'm currently runnung steelies for winter on 14 and they do clear the brakes.

Max

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
nismo1.6 said:

what is it that is shaved? in the green? or the red?

Doesn't the bare metal part give that away? The entire bare metal area is what was ground down.

And some of the steelies do clear without any problems, however the OEM 14" 200SX/Sentra wheels do not fit over the NX brakes. I had them and tried it personally they rubbed. I am sure that with the same grinding needed to clear the B13 SE-R wheels would work for the 14" wheels.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
krylonkoopa said:
and how bad are the tires on the ser rims
the stock brakes are very thin and cant be resurfaced again, and the pads are bad. the tires? ok.............i can feel the bump of the tread ware marker lol.........they are 100% D-O-N-E :thumbup:
but i could, however, afford these by next firday..........what yall think? any of these worth it? im not out to set any track records.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wes said:
Doesn't the bare metal part give that away? The entire bare metal area is what was ground down.

And some of the steelies do clear without any problems, however the OEM 14" 200SX/Sentra wheels do not fit over the NX brakes. I had them and tried it personally they rubbed. I am sure that with the same grinding needed to clear the B13 SE-R wheels would work for the 14" wheels.
very good.....i can do that. thanks.

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
krylonkoopa said:
Actually, for daily driving and normal conditions, stock brakes are fine. But OMG...the upgrade is Un(dirtyword)believable! After switching to the AD22VF's their is a HUGE difference in the stopping ability.

PLUS, if we are all worried about making our car quicker, then we obviously need some way to make the car stop quicker, too.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
^ thats my reasoning for the upgrade.....its not fast yet, but i plan on it, and since i need new brakes i figured why not go ahead and spend about $40 more than i would on new OEM stuff. well i think i have longer on my brakes right now, and ill get on polishing my se-r wheels asap.....and just not bother with the shaving. so now i just need to find me some tires! well thanks guys.
sorry bout the username switching guys, there was a "problem" with this one, but it seems to be fixed :cheers:

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
Believe me, the upgrade is worth the wait, if you are going to keep the car for ANY length of time. Get the right parts, wheels, tires, etc. and do it right! You'll be glad you did.
Timbo

1 - 20 of 26 Posts