Nissan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
????? THe 89 SE with 1.8 had the same setup. The rotors I got are the exact same diameter as stock, just thicker. You can also tell how much MORE of the rotor surface the AD brake pads use. Is that the 10mm your're thinking of?

·
Nissan No More
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Lazarus_023 said:
alright, i cornered the market on diesel hubs. now what?

the above info is all well and good, but it does squat fer my poor B11.

i noticed while shopping for pads that the sentra diesel and stanza (82-86) use the same pads. IIRC, they use similar calipers/rotors, with the stanza being slightly thicker (20mm vs 18, er something?) anyone know if i can use the MUCH more readily available stanza (or even maxima?) calipers/rotors in conjunction with the diesel hubs?
Lazarus, I really don't know if it will work. The steering knuckles on the Stanza and Maxima are larger than the sentra so I don't know if the caliper mounting will work.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Webfoot, I'll assume you got rotors to fit an '87 Pulsar SE. The ones for the later years will be 10mm larger in diameter.

I was checking my Mitchell CD and it says the B12 wagon used AD18VB calipers too. Anyone ever look into that?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Damnit, now I got to go back the jy to prove you right. Cuz I swear the 89SE had the zact same brakes as the 87. What if it was a late 87?

·
Nissan No More
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Well, they look exactly the same and it will look like the '87 calipers will fit the '89 rotors until you go to put them on and the holes don't quite line up.

If you can get the torque members off an '88 or later it should solve the problem. Just bolt them up to the calipers you have. The calipers are the same...just the torque member is different.

I believe the size difference was related to having a CA16DE vs. the CA18DE.

·
Registered
644 Posts
F*&^ it. Do you think there's much diff in the performance? The set I got has all the appearances of a fresh rebuild. The 1 CA18 in the yard only has 1 brake assy left. Hmmm, I just measured the rotor sufaces. Stock b12 pad covers 1.4", KN13 1.5" as measured from the inside to the outer edge..... So, but the pads are the same on both CA setups? Just bigger rotors and torque member.

·
Nissan No More
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I doubt there's much difference in performance. The 5mm difference in radius shouldn't hurt. Just run the '87 brakes if you already have everything.

·
My Salsa...
953 Posts
I know this is off topic, but i'm thinking i will one day want to go to the ad22vf system off the nx2000's...so besides capilers, pads, and rotors, what else would need to be changed? master and booster?

Thanks!

·
E15ET Owner
401 Posts
just a booster except for the obvious things(capilers, pads, and rotors). they would require everything ud need to ad the ad18 except for the actual brakes.

·
Christopher the Unready
152 Posts
Ok Lemme get this straight.. If I have a B12... and I want to upgrade the brakes... And I want to put on the B13 brakes, all I have to do is get the rotors and calipers (loaded)... I DO NOT NEED the hubs from a B13? Or do I need them? And are the brakes from a NX2000 larger? and if I wanted to put them on my B12 would I have to get the NX2000 hubs and such? Please help me out!

·
Nissan/Mazda Gumshoe
1,052 Posts
no sup, for a meager less than fanominal upgrade u can slap on the b13 calipers/rotors with no prob. no fuss, no worrys.

·
Nissan No More
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
If you really want to notice the upgrade slap on a larger brake booster. A Pulsar/SE, Stanza, or B13 SE-R booster will work nicely.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Myetball said:
If you really want to notice the upgrade slap on a larger brake booster. A Pulsar/SE, Stanza, or B13 SE-R booster will work nicely.
If you swap over to any of these boosters, will the brake lines need to be modified? Or will they still bolt right on to the MC?

Gino

·
NISSAN SLAP NUTS
1,051 Posts
u will need to be a little patient with it. if i remember you need to do some modding? with the lines. but the booster
should bolt up.

·
Nissan No More
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
gteknikal said:
If you swap over to any of these boosters, will the brake lines need to be modified? Or will they still bolt right on to the MC?

Gino
Swapping the booster doesn't require any mod, just bolt it up. The lines only need to be mod'd if you change MC's, which you really don't need to do.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
so......maybe i'm asking a question thats already been answered, but would i be able to take the complete brake system from the NX2000 and put on my 87 pulsar XE ? I know for the rear brakes i have to change hub, but front i take it would be ok. and i'm thinking if i'm basically using all brakes from nx2000 why not jsut use master cylinder and booster from it. and i'm talking about the non-abs system. dont really want abs and i believe abs still goes through the main ecu does it not?

another question...which booster is bigger??? i've figured sentra booster is smallest, then stanza and nx2000? or are stanza and nx2000same? i know i'm asking alot but to be honest i've only seen a nx2000 once let alone had my head under the hood.

·
E15ET Owner
401 Posts
Gsolo said:
no answer huh....hmm
haha, sorry i didnt see u had posted or i would have been right on it! well the rear suspension is different also but not by much....look into sr20 swap sticky it has alot of info on converting the rear suspension to take the rear brakes. or u can get a brace for lack of better words like what hybrid has on his b12. fast brakes makes a rear drum to disc conversion for the b14 that uses a brace much like hybrids so u might want to look into that cause im not 100% on that. it looks like it would fit though. THE FRONTS WILL NOT FIT IN WHEELS SMALLER THAN 14in! jsut wanted to make that clear so u dont go buy them then cant put them on.....and even on some 14's they dont fit. anyways i think the nx2000 and the stanza have the same booster or similar in strength but again i am not 100% on that. as for the master cylinder i think all cars bassed on the b13 cna swap wiht b13's and b12's. oh and ur pulsar is based on a b12 if u did not know. i hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
MyClunkyAss12er said:
haha, sorry i didnt see u had posted or i would have been right on it! well the rear suspension is different also but not by much....look into sr20 swap sticky it has alot of info on converting the rear suspension to take the rear brakes. or u can get a brace for lack of better words like what hybrid has on his b12. fast brakes makes a rear drum to disc conversion for the b14 that uses a brace much like hybrids so u might want to look into that cause im not 100% on that. it looks like it would fit though. THE FRONTS WILL NOT FIT IN WHEELS SMALLER THAN 14in! jsut wanted to make that clear so u dont go buy them then cant put them on.....and even on some 14's they dont fit. anyways i think the nx2000 and the stanza have the same booster or similar in strength but again i am not 100% on that. as for the master cylinder i think all cars bassed on the b13 cna swap wiht b13's and b12's. oh and ur pulsar is based on a b12 if u did not know. i hope this helps.

thanks. and i knew that it was based on the B12 :D I suppose if i ever find a NX2000 in a junkyard i'll take advantage then see what i'd have to do to make it work. Although it would be awhile before I can afford bigger wheels and tires.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Gsolo said:
would i be able to take the complete brake system from the NX2000 and put on my 87 pulsar XE ?
Yes, but you would have to use 14" rims or bigger.
Gsolo said:
I know for the rear brakes i have to change hub, but front i take it would be ok. and i'm thinking if i'm basically using all brakes from nx2000 why not jsut use master cylinder and booster from it.
Why not? By using the entire system you wouldn't have to worry about proportioning for the fronts to rear. This is if you are going to rear disc. I don't know if there would have any effect on bigger fronts and stock drums in the rear.
Gsolo said:
dont really want abs and i believe abs still goes through the main ecu does it not?
The abs controller is not needed to run the bigger abs brakes. You can use the abs system (calipers, rotors, MC, booster) without wiring up the abs sensor etc. But to use this system I believe your rims would have to be 15" or larger. The abs controller is a seperate unit and isn't part of the ecu. Yet, the ecu helps to aid the abs system with signals from sensors.

I hope this helps.
Rocky

41 - 60 of 93 Posts