Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I F**ked my sweet ass Altima today:mad: :mad: I was switching lanes and grazed a Caddy STS Front corner damage. Not that bad but pisses me off. I goto the claims adjuster tomorrow morning So I acn goto any Body Shop.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well that sure sucks....Now you may have been infected with DOMESTICITIS.... That is characterized by frequent trips to the service dept and a horrible re-sale value:p

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys think it is possible for the body shop to put the stillen lip on and attach it so that there is no line? Like ENFORCER did with the rear? What are your opinions? are there any negatives to this?

T

·
0 Posts
Buddy02 said:
You guys think it is possible for the body shop to put the stillen lip on and attach it so that there is no line? Like ENFORCER did with the rear? What are your opinions? are there any negatives to this?
yes, it would have to be custom molded (which isn't that easy to do... very time consuming ask Enforcer) and because of the nature of how it would be molded on with bondo or fiberglass or watever, if you were to come off a speed bump to hard or hit a steeply inclined driveway, a huge hairline crack can appear where the lip was molded to the bumper. Not worth the effort or money in my opinion unless your car was strictly a showcar.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Thai, That is what I was thinking but wanted some other opinion. Hopefully I can get the lip soon so I can get it painted at the same time. Oh and my car is all GO and no Show! I might just take the fenders and hood off now to reduce weight! Should I get a BPV for my Injen CAI if i do?:D

T

·
0 Posts
Buddy02 said:
Thanks Thai, That is what I was thinking but wanted some other opinion. Hopefully I can get the lip soon so I can get it painted at the same time. Oh and my car is all GO and no Show! I might just take the fenders and hood off now to reduce weight! Should I get a BPV for my Injen CAI if i do?:D
I hope you're kidding about the fenders and hood :)

as for the BPV? depends on how paranoid you are, and how much it rains where you are. I'm not paranoid because the CAI filter is well protected from flooding, and high enough so that I would have to be in like 2 feet of standing water for it to be completely submerged. And I'm in So Cal... it rarely rains here.
As for performance... you WILL lose some HP simply because once you go WOT the flaps of the BPV WILL open... thus sucking in warm air... But I'm sure someone will tell me I'm wrong. :)

·
Friends of ours...
1,348 Posts
ThaiBruin said:
you WILL lose some HP simply because once you go WOT the flaps of the BPV WILL open... thus sucking in warm air... But I'm sure someone will tell me I'm wrong. :)
Pretty sure you're right on that one. The CAI sound level on my car is definitely lower with the BPV installed... telling me it IS opening at WOT.

BTW Buddy, that BLOWS!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Coco said:
you're wrong ;) :p
Yeah.. Thai.. I hope you're wrong.. Why would WOT cause the flaps to open???

·
Registered
178 Posts
Buddy02 said:
I F**ked my sweet ass Altima today:mad: :mad: I was switching lanes and grazed a Caddy STS Front corner damage. Not that bad but pisses me off. I goto the claims adjuster tomorrow morning So I acn goto any Body Shop.:rolleyes:
Do they let you pick where it will be repaired?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Buddy02 said:
Buddy.. man.. sorry to hear about that.. glad to hear you're ok. Who was at fault??

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes I get to pick where I get I get it repaired. I think I'll goto My Nissan Dealer Body Shop.

·
El Chingon
1,752 Posts
I had an accident in my Mitsu Diamante and I took it to a body shop where they paint porsche's, bmw's, mercedes, etc. They did an awesome job and the insurance had to pay for everything including labor. Best paint job I've ever seen!! Take it to an expensive place and make the insurance co. pay.

T

·
0 Posts
sorry to hear that bro. if it makes you feel any better I totalled my last 02 altima se but now I have a new one.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's Fixed!

I got the car back and look like new!:D
I am very pleased hopefully nothing like this happens angain in the future knock on wood:)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts