Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried searching this and haven't found a concise answer to my question. Here's my problem: my heat or AC will only work on 4 or off. The intermediates (1,2,3) do not activate the motor. Based on what I've been told from other forum members, the blower resistor needs replaced (I believe), however, I have also been told that the motor just needs replaced. My question is if I replace the motor, is the resistor included in the full assembly? I don't know where this part is installed and didn't know if it was a part of the motor assembly or if it is installed in a different area. I thought maybe that could be why I'm getting both answers.

Sorry for the newbieness of my question, but I like to get a concrete answer on what to replace, rather than go off shaky impulses and waste money.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,236 Posts

·
Registered
4,236 Posts

·
Nissan Technician
826 Posts
Hi! Nissan Tech here. Just replace the resistor, we've never replaced the blower motor before...good luck!

·
Registered
38 Posts
oh snap. i have the same problem here too!
idk much about electronics but can someone tell em where this resistor is and how can i do this (pics if any ^^)

·
Registered
505 Posts
oh snap. i have the same problem here too!
idk much about electronics but can someone tell em where this resistor is and how can i do this (pics if any ^^)
You have to pull the glove box, and it sits right by the blower motor. Did anyway confirm this is the correct part #? I need to order before winter. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
It looks right to me, but i have not replaced this part so need someone to confirm.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts