Nissan Forum banner

AC/Heat Problem

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Boromir 
#1 ·
well. my heater was working fine. this morning. it was cold and i had to turn the heater on, but it didnt work. you know in my sentra i got 4 levels. 1,2,3 dont work. only 4 worked. which is really strong and hot. the same thing for the ac. i have 2 choices. either OFF or at 4. u guys have any clue why 1,2,3 not working? thanx for ur time.

#2 ·
Boromir said:
well. my heater was working fine. this morning. it was cold and i had to turn the heater on, but it didnt work. you know in my sentra i got 4 levels. 1,2,3 dont work. only 4 worked. which is really strong and hot. the same thing for the ac. i have 2 choices. either OFF or at 4. u guys have any clue why 1,2,3 not working? thanx for ur time.
It just doesn't work? you mean no air comming out the vents i guess..... usually the problem is the blower resistor, located under the passager side glove box...

#3 ·
Re: Re: AC/Heat Problem

SergioCR said:
It just doesn't work? you mean no air comming out the vents i guess..... usually the problem is the blower resistor, located under the passager side glove box...
well, it only blows air when its on 4, which is the highest. but i wonder if i can fix it myself? the nissan dealer here is a ripoff. i still need more help more help, pictures will be very helpful. i wonder why 1,2,3 dont work?

#4 ·
Yeah, it's the resistor. Go steal one from a junkyard, the stealership gets alot for them. It screws in underneath the glove box on the passnger side like sergio said. The reason 4 works and 123 don't is because the resistor steps the voltage down for teh lower speeds, but on 4, the high setting, the motor gets fulll voltage, so it doesn't pass through the resistor, it goes straight from the switch to the motor. If you can't find one at a junkyard let me know, I've got one I'll sell you.

#6 ·
I'm not sure why they go bad, they just do, it's a common problem though. I don't know what they cost new, upwards of $30 IIRC, you'll have to call a $tealership and ask. You can always check with Greg Vogel at www.mossyperformance.com Although he might not be much cheaper than a local dealership, if the dealership has to order it anyways, greg will ship it to your door.

#7 ·
Re: Re: AC/Heat Problem

SergioCR said:
yep its the resistor
new one is under 30$ from the dealer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.