Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fan wheel failed I don’t have an interchange manual so does anyone know if a fanwheel from another model will work? For some reason the OEM supplied replacement fanwheel doesn’t put out enough airflow. I’ve had the whole assembly out and in twice and can’t find any restriction or blockage. The only issue appears to be the replacement fan is smaller and doesn’t have the extra vanes on the motor side. If there’s nothing available then I’m breaking out the fiberglass and adapting an newer version

·
Registered
80 Posts
Look it up by diameter and height on Dorman or standard, or 4 seasons or something, might be an offset measurement you will need to verify as well, often times you can get just the squirrel cage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help, but I’ve already tried a lot more sources. I was hoping a fanwheel from a maxima or other model would work. It appears that the only source is used. This is my wife’s car that I just finished a driving resto on it and after 3 years and a thousand hours of my time everything is like new except I had purchased a getby fanwheel ten years ago and forgot about it Until the 110 degree heat hit and now it’s not keeping up. the AC blows 40 degree air but not enough to keep her happy.
The real issue is that I’m old and didn’t notice the replacement fanwheel I got from the dealership wasn’t as tall as the original and doesn’t have the extra blades at the motor side. Ten years ago I could get the right wheel and now new is unobtanium. I ordered a used motor/fanwheel yesterday off EBay yesterday and hope it lasts at least ten years.
The other problem is she’s been slumming driving the Merc. C280 sport and it really gets cold. I told her to save the Z for cooler weather but that didn’t go over too well. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts