Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 pathfinder, and the AC is not blowing cold consistently. It will blow really cold sometimes for 5 minutes straight, sometimes for only a minute. When its not blowing cold it is just blowing air, and that happens at inconsistent intervals also.

I would say that its blowing more UN-CONDITIONED air than actual COLD air.

Ive never heard of that or had that happen before, and Im wondering what the most likely cause is?

I mean it blows really really cold some of the times, which says to me its working SOMETIMES, buts whats causing it not to work ALL the time?

Would this problem be more likely a symptom of the refridgerant needing to be re-charged?

Or a leak?

Or the compressor?

Any suggestions or insight is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have the same year with orig AC and Charge - I am amazed it still works though I did notice a couple times what you describe at idle speed - went on for a month thent amazingly went away after the belts were changed

·
Nissan Master Tech
131 Posts
sounds like your compressor clutch is being disengaged intermittently. It could be a few different things. Take it to a shop.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the same problem, and ultimately the AC compressor died, it's free now. I'll be getting it fixed in the winter when they're apparently significantly cheaper, as per my mechanic!

Good luck boss, and hope it's not your compressor - summer time they apparently go for over $400, winter they drop to about $200, well thats wot my mechanic said.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 98 and I was told when I bought it that it doesn't cool while it's idleing...it only seems to cool when I am actually moving/driving. I don't know if this is the same for all Pathfinders (98, 99) but it works fine when I am moving and if I am just sitting in traffic I do notice it starts to get warmer. If I do recall my mechanic said this was true.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts