Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a B14 Sunny Ex Saloon just newly acquired form Japan.
I get an interesting swishing sound when I step on the brakes especially at lower speeds (over 30kph). There's also a slight vibration felt.

The ABS light does not indicate theres a problem with the BAS system. What can this be?

Sammy
 

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
Joined
·
4,277 Posts
samuel_mate said:
Hello,

I have a B14 Sunny Ex Saloon just newly acquired form Japan.
I get an interesting swishing sound when I step on the brakes especially at lower speeds (over 30kph). There's also a slight vibration felt.

The ABS light does not indicate theres a problem with the BAS system. What can this be?

Sammy
I had an 2000 2001 model N15 Sunny with ABS in Singapore for over 2 years and the ABS is not even noticeable during normal braking. So if there is vibration during light braking you need to get the rotors machined or replaced first. This is the easiest and cheapest thing to do first. Then when the braking is smooth start to notice the brakes under heavy braking and in wet conditions. The ABS will pulse the pedal, keep pressure applied, and you will have no doubt the ABS is working, its also a bit noisy. As for the swishing sound, I don’t know, maybe someone else can help.
Can you compare to another car in your area?
Where are you located?? Also if the Car is a Sunny is it a RHD N14 ?
Good Luck...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
IanH said:
I had an 2000 2001 model N15 Sunny with ABS in Singapore for over 2 years and the ABS is not even noticeable during normal braking. So if there is vibration during light braking you need to get the rotors machined or replaced first. This is the easiest and cheapest thing to do first. Then when the braking is smooth start to notice the brakes under heavy braking and in wet conditions. The ABS will pulse the pedal, keep pressure applied, and you will have no doubt the ABS is working, its also a bit noisy. As for the swishing sound, I don’t know, maybe someone else can help.
Can you compare to another car in your area?
Where are you located?? Also if the Car is a Sunny is it a RHD N14 ?
Good Luck...
Found out what the problem was.
The front discs were so dug in and so I kimmed them on a lathe machine and voila ............ the sound disappeared!!!
 

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
Joined
·
4,277 Posts
sammymate said:
Found out what the problem was.
The front discs were so dug in and so I kimmed them on a lathe machine and voila ............ the sound disappeared!!!
Pleased you fixed it ok,
Where are you located ? I am in Texas USA.
Good Luck with your car.....
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top