Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
What's in your wallet?
2,640 Posts
I maybe wrong on this, but I believe ABS cars do not have rotors.

·
Registered
208 Posts
zachmccool said:
How do i tell if i have abs? Can i look at the driveshaft and tell? Maybe the break rotor/calibers?
Don't quote me on this, but I've read that you can check your fusebox. There should be a spot that's labeled "ABS". If you have a fuse in there, you have ABS. If you don't have a fuse, then you don't have it.

I think this is the "dummies way to check" but like I said, I read this and can't say it's 100% true.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yep that is a way to check, as I was unsure as well when I bought my car, just check the fuse box, or you could take it on a snowy road, and slam the brakes, if the pedal does not kick back, and you lock up, hehe well then ya know :).

·
Registered
208 Posts
psuLemon said:
you dont have abs on these cars..
which cars do you specifically refer to? I know that the SE-R's have ABS (well, as an option)

·
Registered
208 Posts
psuLemon said:
the se's, but i didnt think any b14 had abs....
Iam pretty sure it's an option on the B14 200sx SE-R, but I don't have it on mine, not sure about the SE's though, probably not....

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
se's im sure it wasn't, but as you speak of it.. i do think it was an option on teh se-r's...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanx, but erlyer i crawed under my car looking for the abs computer (hanynes repair manual sead it would be under the right "kick panel") and could not find it.
That proved that it dos not have abs (but it dose have abs fuse box with fuses in it)

·
Registered
208 Posts
zachmccool said:
thanx, but erlyer i crawed under my car looking for the abs computer (hanynes repair manual sead it would be under the right "kick panel") and could not find it.
That proved that it dos not have abs (but it dose have abs fuse box with fuses in it)
So what's the fuse doing in there then?? Who put it there?? Just curious, seems a little odd that there would be a fuse in there for something that doesn't exist, kinda pointless.

·
Registered
73 Posts
call me stupid, and yes..... but maybe its there to complete a circuit path for everything else... or hell I dunno. only thing I can think of

·
Registered
208 Posts
nd4spd said:
huh well sob, thats odd, and mine has an abs fuse as well. :crazy: Course I have a 97 gxe, so maybe that helps.
Does it just have the slot for it, or is there an actual fuse in the fuseholder?

·
Registered
208 Posts
nd4spd said:
actual fuse in the slot for it, and its on the label.
hmm, wierd, I'm going to check mine tomorrow, cause I know I don't have ABS.

·
Registered
208 Posts
nd4spd said:
maybe also they all used universal fuse boxes on these, and including the ones with abs for an option.
Ya, I can understand there being a slot for the ABS even if you don't have it, but why is there a fuse in it?? I'm no expert by any means, just seems like there is no point in a fuse if you don't have ABS.

·
Registered
73 Posts
yea I know, I just thought there was something wrong with mine, since they were locking up, but the fuse was ok..... this is going to drive me nuts now.

·
Registered
435 Posts
With the fuse in try to lock the brakes up and see how they act. Then with the fuse out try the same thing. If the car acts exactly the same, I'm going to say the fuse is just there as a dummy. If I can remember at lunch I will look and see if my 98 SE has the mystery fuse or not. Are you guys talking about in the fuse panel or the relay box under the hood?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts