Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having this odd issue where when I make a hard right turn in my 95 Pathfinder, the RED BRAKE and YELLOW ABS LIGHT come on momentarily, and then switch off after about a second. Turning left doesn't do it. I used to have to turn right pretty hard, but it is getting easier and easier to set off these lights.

Any hints??? Thanks!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Check the wires and connector for the ABS sensors on each wheel, most likely the front wheels. One could be disconnecting or shorting out.

Not familiar with the '95... less likely, but could also be the combination switch inside the steering wheel. If something shorts out in there it would also affect things like your signal lights. Is your signal light indicator on the dash still blinking when your ABS light comes on?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a 92 and was having a similar problem and suprisingly to me all i needed to do was top up the brake fluid in the master cylinder.(like an ounce or so)It was just a tad low.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good tips guys, thanks! I'll try adding brake fluid... it's weird how its only when turning right though :S

I'll post with how it goes..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts