Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need an ABS (Actuator) Pump (Nissan Part No: 47600-86E00) for a 1991 Nissan Maxima SE. Does anyone have this part or could anyone recommend where I could buy a used or rebuilt one?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's discontinued, so if you can't find a good JY unit, you'll probably have to get a reman from someplace like BBA.

I tried BBA and they are not responding. May be out of business. My first attempt with a JY (Avnent Solutions LLC) not go well...part was unusable and had to be returned. They cannot find another one so I will have to look elsewhere. Unfortunately, due to liability issues, this is a very hard part to find.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Unfortunately, due to liability issues, this is a very hard part to find.
It isn't just liability, it's also the antiquated silicon. For the most part, the chips used on computer boards before about '95 are all obsolete. You couldn't manufacture clones even if you wanted to. Once the JY's are empty, the only recourse for cars like yours will be converting to parts and wiring from later models or converting to non-ABS brakes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would like to convert to non-ABS brakes...finding a mechanic willing to do the job is the challenge. Mechanic I use wouldn't do it.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
10,036 Posts
They have them listed at Car-part.com, used starting at $75. It's a salvage yard database.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts