Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Is there any other FULLY legal way to get a Skyline in the U.S. other than MotoRex? If so what is the cost??

·
Registered
205 Posts
At this point no. Motorex is the only game in town. They stepped up and spent the money to do all of the EPA and DOT testing. They had to crash test 3 cars to pass all of the tests.

If you do your research on what it would cost to try and do it yourself, you will see that it is not that bad. What else can you buy for the same money that is this unique?

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nismo Skyline ,

Thanks fot the reply. I ah e done some research and have come up with the fact that the price MotoRex is asking is reasonable. I was jsut wondering if I had missed something.
BTW does the Skyline live up to the hype?

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MotoRex,

You guys rule!! I not one of those peeps that thinks you are screwing your buyers. Like I said, Ive done some research and you guys are worth it. Dont let anyone give you any crap. BTW If you could "donate" a Bay-Side blue R34 GTR to me, I would use it to advertise for you up here in New England

M

·
0 Posts
We have a lot of both - " you guys charge too much" - and "you guys are the *hit".

Get both emails everyday. Once I show the ones how difficult it is to import and legalize a car - most of them shut up about the high prices.

As far as donating a car... theres only 3 Bayside blue R34's in the US.... couldnt give you one of 3...

Sean
MotoRex

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MotoREx,
Only 3, I want one even more now. I guess my 1/10th Scale AWD nitro RC Bay-Side blue one will have to do.... for now BTW Did you guys get ahold of any of the NUR models?

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MotoRex,
Oh so sweet. Do the NUR editions out perfom the stockers?? and what about $$$. Also what do you forsee of your future importing Skylines with all of the talk of offical nissan importation? Will you continue to import older(up to R34)Skylines? What about the good JDM version of a GTR that we most likley wont get(as always)?

N

·
0 Posts
How much does the R34 V Spec II cost in Japan (USD)?

Also, how many R34s are actually out there in the US? I saw one around town (see my link in sig), and was actually surprised: it was WA plates.

In your site, the curb weight is 3400 lbs for this beast. That's freakin' heavy, dude! The car in real life looks smaller than I imagined it to be, and it's hard to believe that this small fry (relativly) weighs so much.

I'm gonna be one of the ppl who's gonna say "YOU GUYS RULE!"

And this ends my first post. :) (BTW, I'm no post whore!)

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
naddie,

I am by no means an expert, but I am gonna try to help you out till MotoRex replies to you.

1. I think its around 50 grand
2 i dunno
3. can we say ten pounds of gadgets in a five pund bag

M

·
0 Posts
PatScottAKA99XE said:
MotoRex,
Oh so sweet. Do the NUR editions out perfom the stockers?? and what about $$$. Also what do you forsee of your future importing Skylines with all of the talk of offical nissan importation? Will you continue to import older(up to R34)Skylines? What about the good JDM version of a GTR that we most likley wont get(as always)?
Nur edition have N1 blocks , turbos , etc... still amazingly rated at 276 hp.... but maybe they make a little more than that. As far as how much better than stock...tell you when we get it.

Already the Skyline is here - the G35 . But as far as a GT-R... the new car - if or when it comes - may be very different in Japan and the US. With the G35 4 door , G35 coupe , and the New Z coming.. I dont see Nissan having a market space for a GT-R.

We will still be importing R32 /R33's as long as there is still a demand.

Sean
MotoRex

M

·
0 Posts
About 60 now... I dont actually have an exact number...but we do have about another 10 coming in this month...

N

·
0 Posts
so about what would it cost for the biggest baddest and best skyline, after all the fees and charges and stuff... to the buyer, not to motorex?

M

·
0 Posts
Prices for cars are dependent on years check the pricelist....as far as the other stuff goes....R34 wheels are a little hard to come by...new they are about $1000 each in Japan.. we have only every come by a few sets....think they were around $2500 or so...

350-400 hp is easy. Intake , exhaust , downpipe. Depends on which companies stuff you want to use.

Stock injectors , airflow meters , and fuel pump are good till about 400 at the wheels.

Sean
MotoRex
[email protected]

B

·
0 Posts
Actually there is one other way to import a Skyline into the United States. I live here in Japan for the US Military and the military will ship the car for me back to the states but i have to do the coversions, so i guess you have to join the military and be stationed in Japan for the chance. Motorex, if i was to import something into the states, do you have a list of the required component swapping that must be done to be legal in the states. I also have an tons of parts for skylines, so if someone is looking for parts, i can get parts new or used for a good price.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts