Nissan Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

· Driver
927 Posts
UnderDog said:
...as long as you're not a moron and don't ride the brake petal...
Correct. I mentioned in an earlier post that I'm either braking, or my foot is on the floor, never hovering over the pedal. I do see people that ride the brake however...you can notice them because their brake lights flick on and off every few seconds, especially when they aren't even stopping. Being in back of them is so annoying, and dangerous because you can't tell what they're doing.

· Registered
508 Posts
Unless you're like me having bad luck with the ladies lately and when it's not pressing on the brake pedal it's resting in my mouth.

· Ive got a pickle 4 an arm
418 Posts
Left Foot Braking.

i agree with barnoun. left foot braking IS a road racing technique. if any of you watched the Winston Cup race this past weekend at Wakens Glen, you probably saw drivers do this. though i think its' much more common at Sears Point.

double footting increases reaction times, you don't have to wait for you foot to move over. also even at DAYTONA, TALLEDEGA, drives "tap" the brake to slow the car down, but they don't loose momentium. especially needed with those restrictor plate engines.

it has also been used to keep a car in grip comming out of a turn. lightly touch the brakes, depending on car setup and track, can aid in reducing push. on cup cars it helps keep the front nose down to the ground.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.