Nissan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Driver
927 Posts
my bad, couldn't tell who you were asking:eek: If doing a drag launch, I'll hold the brake while pressing the gas for a second or two, and while autocrossing I'll tap the brake while on the gas to get rotation, but as far as I can tell it isn't straining the brakes any more than doing regular braking. I have heard that the brakes wear faster if you ride the brake pedal when you don't plan on braking. I try not to do that though, I'm either using the brake or that foot's resting on the floor, never resting on the pedal.

· Driver
927 Posts
bigsad said:
...its a learned habbit, it can be unlearned. train yourself to drive the right way (no offense)
As for me, never!:D Read up on driving a front wheel drive car at a road course and you'll see left foot braking is also encouraged in manual tranny cars. Yeah, I'm not racing on the street, but I have enough sense to know what my feet are doing. C'mon, it isn't that complicated.

· Driver
927 Posts
UnderDog said:
...as long as you're not a moron and don't ride the brake petal...
Correct. I mentioned in an earlier post that I'm either braking, or my foot is on the floor, never hovering over the pedal. I do see people that ride the brake however...you can notice them because their brake lights flick on and off every few seconds, especially when they aren't even stopping. Being in back of them is so annoying, and dangerous because you can't tell what they're doing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.