Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't want to do this...intake, header, exhaust, pulley, timing...97 hp. Good thing I dont race a lot....97 hp will make you get your butt kicked up and down the block. :( :p So I guess its Show time....not Go time. :(

· Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the stock ga auto was dynoed at 87 hp. My peak hp was 97.4 at 6200 rpm, and 94.1 tq at 4800 rpm. They ran up to third gear with O/D off. I think I might still continue to do performance mods...maybe.

· Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK...as I said before, the O/D was off for the runs, so thats the best it could do. I haven't done the torque converter yet....I kinda still have doubts...I'll do cams first. I mean, my stock converter takes off from about 2600 rpm right now, and the upgraded one goes to 3000 rpm....I'm not paying so much money for an extra 400 rpm....the good power doesn't even start till mid 3000's.

Someone said its turbo time? Well, I have been thinking about it for a while, but I keep saying no. Turbo just seems like too much maintainance for me....I dont mean fixing stuff, just too much to learn. I wouldn't mind turboing the GA, but I'd have to do brakes, tranny, engine internals, someone told me axles, and other stuff....just too much for me...I really cant afford all that. Unless I can start out with a really low boost level, where I can at least put off ugrading tranny etc for a little while. I really wouldn't mind turbo though.

If I could start over, I wouldn't have done the header and exhaust. They cost me soooo much money, and if I go turbo, I lose the header, and a turbo with a 2" exhaust is somewhat.....weird. I would keep the exhaust though, no matter if I go turbo or not.

Well....only time will tell....who knows, with the right funding, I could be the first auto GA16DET.;)

· Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Re: Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

my420sx said:

You mean Rice time:D? J/K, I just wish there was more parts available though, wide body kits, better facia's...ect.
Heck no....subtle styling for me. A little surprise wing, and a lip spoiler...thats it. Then some 16" wheels, then i'm done outside. I might just drop the bolt-ons, do some cosmetics, then prep for turbo...(lots of money involved :()

· Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
selrider99 said:

he went flying by me and two maximas that were racing on the way home from the meet on sat....with his ac on!!!!His car is fast but i also think that after all he has done that he should of atleast hit 100hp...
Sure...but did you ever notice the time it took to catch up to you and Tak some of the times. The pulley does free up some acceleration, some times I dont bother turning off the A/C to pass, cuz its not much of a difference.

I am still playing with the idea of bolt-ons vs. turbo. Bolt ons seems like a better option....but I'd love the turbo power. It will all work itself out. I just wanted to put it up so all the bolt-on people know what to expect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.