Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
508 Posts
The horsepower is less than published because car companies only like to publish the crank horsepower instead of the wheel horsepower. Our GAs produce 115 ponies at the crank but we lose about 20% of that power through the drivetrain (25% on auto, 15% on manual) and the horspower is only about 90 or so when it gets all the way down to the wheels.

· Registered
508 Posts
Remember, if you upgrade with bolt-ons you can always sell them when you go turbo if you take care of them. I'm willing to guarantee that there's someone out there who will want it but hasn't bought it yet because the retail price is too expensive for them (I'm one of them). Keep your stock parts and when you're ready to go turbo take it all off and put your stock parts back on and sell the bolt-ons while you buy your turbo parts.

· Registered
508 Posts
Never miss a shift with an auto either. Good for dragging especially if you upgraded your tranny internals with Level 10 products. Slam the petal to the floor and just let it ride through the trap. Let the ECU do the rest.

· Registered
508 Posts
People discourage it and it's illegal because stupid people like to ride the brake when they drive with two feet and melt their brakes and have wrecks because they slam on the gas and any other thing you can imagine stupid people doing. As for the rest of us who can drive, it's acceptable and even encouraged for certain types of racing, as long as you're not a moron and don't ride the brake petal. One footed driving was used as a deterrant to keep idiots from riding the brake petal: i.e. it's hard to press on both pedals with one foot unless you're Shaq O'Neal with a size 100 shoe. (then there's heel-and-toe driving for autocross, but if you're a moron who's dumb enough to ride your brakes you shouldn't be allowed on an auto-x track to begin with)

· Registered
508 Posts
Unless you're like me having bad luck with the ladies lately and when it's not pressing on the brake pedal it's resting in my mouth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.