Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Boxed Fox
1,313 Posts
A lot of people here don't seem to have a clear idea of what can happen when you install cheap lowering springs on their cars. Well, here's a video to show you precisely why you don't want to do things like slap Eibach sportlines (soft lowering springs that lower your car significantly) on KYB GR2's (cheap dampers designed for use with factory springs).

Auto-X: Poorly set up Prelude

·
Registered
169 Posts
ReVerm said:
A lot of people here don't seem to have a clear idea of what can happen when you install cheap lowering springs on their cars. Well, here's a video to show you precisely why you don't want to do things like slap Eibach sportlines (soft lowering springs that lower your car significantly) on KYB GR2's (cheap dampers designed for use with factory springs).

Auto-X: Poorly set up Prelude
That looked painful!

I've never been to an AutoX event, but that just did not look good at all.

Regards,
Michael

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
ouch that looks painful

·
Registered
204 Posts
SanMarcosZfreak said:
wow sucks for him :loser: his backs were rubbing right? thats the only thing i could see
Front and back....

IMO he should have saved his cash from that lame ass paintjob, and fruity aircraft wing.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
wow, big wing, terible kit, bad suspension......best part of that video was the r32 at the end

·
Registered
53 Posts
even the wife...

... and she's not a big car fan, asked me, "he has to be able to hear that right?"

he has to know that he's rubbing like that. looks to me like he would drag ass just backing out of a parking space, or rounding a corner in traffic @ 5 mph. that was way sad.

·
F.I. Section Whore
896 Posts
LMAO that one turn at the end of the first stretch... look at his rear left tire.. hahahaha :thumbup:

It happens multiple times, but that time was just so blatant lol

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
so those are really eibachs? they look like cut springs. idk, if thats eibach, on a honda no less!, then sentra deff. need to stay away! if a honda cant handle the eibachs nissans have no change.

·
Boxed Fox
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
1.6pete said:
so those are really eibachs? they look like cut springs. idk, if thats eibach, on a honda no less!, then sentra deff. need to stay away! if a honda cant handle the eibachs nissans have no change.
The springs on the car itself aren't Eibachs. I just used Eibach Sportlines and GR2's as an example of what's available for our cars which would cause similar things to happen on a Sentra.

EDIT: ...Or maybe I'm wrong. I just came across a Japanese Autocross Club's message board, on which one of the members claims that he spoke to the owner of that car and that those are Eibach Sportlines on stock dampers.

·
Registered
94 Posts
my god... i think i could do better in my stock sentra than he is... i like how his kit drags the ground about 8 times :p

That car is the epitome of RICE.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
ReVerm said:
EDIT: ...Or maybe I'm wrong. I just came across a Japanese Autocross Club's message board, on which one of the members claims that he spoke to the owner of that car and that those are Eibach Sportlines on stock dampers.
i see, i can understand they are to soft, but i bet the stock dampers has alot to do with that. ever since i have been studying suspension i have noticed nearly ever single lowerd car around here is useing stock dampers. even my b13 with nearly blown shocks dosent bounce as much as these cars.

·
Boxed Fox
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Omega3k1 said:
my god... i think i could do better in my stock sentra than he is... i like how his kit drags the ground about 8 times :p

That car is the epitome of RICE.
1.6pete said:
i see, i can understand they are to soft, but i bet the stock dampers has alot to do with that. ever since i have been studying suspension i have noticed nearly ever single lowerd car around here is useing stock dampers. even my b13 with nearly blown shocks dosent bounce as much as these cars.
For those of you who are considering upgrading your suspension systems, take careful note of what Omega3k1 and 1.6pete are saying here. They are both very good points.

·
Registered
53 Posts
it's like a train wreck. no matter how badly you want to, you can't look away.

all of the newbies should be guaranteed an opportunity to see this. there's a lot to be learned simply by watching it. when i first started, as did most of us, i though just having the nissin lower was good enough, so i bought sportlines, and even cut 1.5 coils off the front and 2 for the rear, and slapped them on the stock struts. i was "pimp" until i had to shell out like $800 to rebuild the bottom side of my car, including replacing my suspension.

·
Registered
94 Posts
lol ouch...

I know i've learned a lot since i got my car. I was going to put some Tien S Tech's w/ GR2's on mine... but umm no definatly going to save up for the Tien Basics now if i do do anything major to the suspension, Which i dont think i'm going to do cause this car handles so well already and its great for daily driving. The only upgrade i know i'll do when my stockers go bad is upgrade to some GR2's.

·