Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant stand it. I dont feel it in the steering wheel. Just in the floorboard and the seat. I have let others drive it to feel it. I dont feel it on the passenger side when I ride. I have replace 2 bent wheels, rotors on the front, wheel bearings in the back. Put 2 new tires on the front, new cv axles and had the tires balanced twice. I still have it.

I had a buddy ride beside me and look at the drivers side wheels. he said that the back on looked as if it were bouncing up and down slightly. Maybe a half inch to a inch. The tire is good it is not out of round. It was checked. My next step was to replace the rear struts.

1997 Sentra GXE

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,240 Posts
Well if you cant feel it in the steering wheel then yes I suspect the rear wheel, check for balance and out of round again ?
how many miles ?
My struts are still good at 104K

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
127000. I have changed both tie rod ends, ball joints, rotors, axles bought 2 new wheels and tires. I have also Changed the wheel bearing in the rear on the drivers side and inspected the one on the passenger side. I am at a loss. my struts are good. they rebound good and I have inspected the shafts on them and there is no rough spots on them. I also changed the front passenger wheel bearing because it was bad. I still have a slight vibration. its not as bad as before but it is still there.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,240 Posts
Well i have had new tires out of round, and gone through the agony of arguing it out with the tires shops. You wouldn't believe how bad the specs are to get a tire replaced (when new tire is bad!!!) . so i think you should pursue that line of investigation next, balance and out of round.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts