Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Whore Slut Bitch
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scott is required for this one...

With the recent rape^234908 of those bannination links, I've kinda thought of an idea.

For awhile, I used tinyurl links to get to those:
http://tinyurl.com/
and to still pwn a few people. However, everyone caught onto that. So here's what I'm thinking:

You know how some websites have it so that when you hold your cursor over a hyperlink, instead of the URL being displayed in your status bar, something like "Click here now" appears instead?

My question is whether or not that's possible with this board. With this power, we could type in legitimate-looking links for people to click and they'd never know what hit 'em. It would be mandatory that the coding is strong enough that bII can't figure it out.

Anyway, that's my brain work for today.

:cheers:

·
Mofo fo life
2,103 Posts
actually, i i like this idea. they would have no idea- but to be able to keep the links to ourselves is the problem. people like BII and 1.6Pete can just copy and paste them. to rid the forum of that fuction, but still let the links work would be awesome

·
Whore Slut Bitch
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the thing is, I think it's javascript or something that does it, and I know for a fact that 1.6 wouldn't be able to figure it out, and bII might be... but I don't really know how to use it on the board.

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
spelch said:
You know how some websites have it so that when you hold your cursor over a hyperlink, instead of the URL being displayed in your status bar, something like "Click here now" appears instead?
Doing so would require enabling HTML, which would compromise the security of the site.

·
Respek Knuckles
1,172 Posts
scott you spelled speech wrong its not speach.........

·
Whore Slut Bitch
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Poop, I was afraid of that. Oh well. I thought of another idea last night, but I forgot what it was. I'll tell you guys when I remember.

·
I HEART GOAT JUICE
330 Posts
krylonkoopa said:
scott you spelled speech wrong its not speach.........
Don't ever ever ever correct Scott, 30 Lashings!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts