Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard the service manager at Nissan arguing with someone (I am guessing it was Nissan Canada) about a warranty issue. From what I can figure out, a customer had an engine failure (overheated and something cracked.) The failure was caused by a problem with the radiator.

Nissan was refusing to warranty the claim because the radiator was not covered beyond the 60,000km bumper to bumper warranty. The problem was, the dealer had already fixed the damage and was told after the fact that the warranty was not approved. I believe the car was an X Trail because it was the only other car being serviced at the time.

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,228 Posts
If it was indeed an xtrail and the problem described was related to a blown head gasket and a radiator was mentioned, then it must have been a casting sand issue which blocked off the radiator and caused the damage. Several cases like this one happened in Australia and none of them were covered by warranty, so this service mgr is in real trouble, although he was trying to do the right thing by the cutomer. The causes of this fault could result from using a non-genuine nissan engine coolant, as the xtrail radiator is pretty sensitive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts