Nissan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Wins Don't Come Easy
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Yesterday, i was on the way home. I accelerated from the light at normal pace. I look in my rear view mirror, and i see a honda civic hatchback. It was crapy looking, i think it was about to get painted or something, but it was sounding pretty good. But anyway, it was coming up on me in the next lane pretty fast. So right off i said fuck that(to myself) and i gased it. Then i heard him put on the throttle. ANd we both took off, at the point when i took off. His front bumper was right at my rear bumper. But we start going, and he is gradually gaining on me. Then he ever so slowly passes me. then he gets to where his has his passenger side door(the end of it) at the front of my car. Anyways we are still going. And i am up to about 90mph , and i can see my self gaining back some ground. But then we start coming up to traffic and have to slow down( and that fucking sucks). I mean i dont care about losing, cause i have been there done that, but i hate losing to a fucking honda. I hate honda's. Maybe i will win a couple after i get my headers, cai, and my cat back exhaust.

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
youre stock?

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
that sucks...maybe he had a swap? do you have the ga16? auto or manual?

I lost to a white crx once (only Honda I have ever lost to, and it was a murder, so I remember it). I think he had a swap because it definately was NA and he raped me (at the time I was running about a 15.8 1/4) and he had to be in the mid 14's. If I had seen him again I would have given props and asked what he had, but I never saw him again.

·
Super Moderator
3,202 Posts
dang... i love beating hondas. a buddy of mine has an early 'lude with a jdm swap. all braggin about how hes got 160 horse and how hes gonna smoke me... im like "dude, ive got 155 stock + all the boltons and some porting. you better come a little stronger if you wanna run with me." so he goes and races my other buddy in his 95 civic, and gets raped. shitty part about that, i already raped that 95 civic about 5 times... shit is tooo funny, honda guys overrate their cars soooo bad. granted, ive seen some at the track lay the smack down, but all in all, your typical ricer doesnt have shit.

·
Registered
333 Posts
yeah, i love to say "yeah, i have a sentra, a nissan sentra" the look on the mustang boys faces. there like "ooohhh, a virgine, im about to rape! and then BBBBAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, oh fuck what was that was it a sentra or a Vette! heheheheeee.e......

·
Registered
203 Posts
SweetRideNAz said:
Well Yesterday, i was on the way home. I accelerated from the light at normal pace. I look in my rear view mirror, and i see a honda civic hatchback. It was crapy looking, i think it was about to get painted or something, but it was sounding pretty good. But anyway, it was coming up on me in the next lane pretty fast. So right off i said fuck that(to myself) and i gased it. Then i heard him put on the throttle. ANd we both took off, at the point when i took off. His front bumper was right at my rear bumper. But we start going, and he is gradually gaining on me. Then he ever so slowly passes me. then he gets to where his has his passenger side door(the end of it) at the front of my car. Anyways we are still going. And i am up to about 90mph , and i can see my self gaining back some ground. But then we start coming up to traffic and have to slow down( and that fucking sucks). I mean i dont care about losing, cause i have been there done that, but i hate losing to a fucking honda. I hate honda's. Maybe i will win a couple after i get my headers, cai, and my cat back exhaust.
i think you couda done better w/ both of you from a stop.... lota times, when someone is already running up on ya and ure just coasting, it takes a lot more to build up that acceleration so you can pull away or at least keep up.....

the fact that you have an automatic, which takes a second to downshift to an appropriate gear, then another second to downshift to a MORE appropriate gear, may not have helped matters either..... you did say you were gaining ground, you had a chance, bro... our cars arent really torque-drivers, but some hondas are worse, remember that...!

·
Wins Don't Come Easy
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Re: A Sad Momemt

theimportscene said:
i think you couda done better w/ both of you from a stop.... lota times, when someone is already running up on ya and ure just coasting, it takes a lot more to build up that acceleration so you can pull away or at least keep up.....

the fact that you have an automatic, which takes a second to downshift to an appropriate gear, then another second to downshift to a MORE appropriate gear, may not have helped matters either..... you did say you were gaining ground, you had a chance, bro... our cars arent really torque-drivers, but some hondas are worse, remember that...!
thats true, cause i i was going about 45 and i saw him coming up quick so i gassed, i should have figured he was gonna go past me. But it was still cool though. And ur also right about the non torque drivers

G

·
You Americans really need some more SR20det's over there!
SweetRideNAz- If you had an SR20det, that Civic wouldn't have a chance!

Get an SR20, add 3 & 1/2 inch exhaust, hi flow filter, a T28BB, big intercooler, better fuel pump and some 550cc injectors. Remapped ECU...
Now ya ready to up the boost to around 12-14 and you'll easily be running into the 13's.

Come over to Australia and you'll see what REAL NISSAN power is about! None of this GA16/KE24 shit!!! j/k!

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
-=Martyr=- said:

Get an SR20, add 3 & 1/2 inch exhaust, hi flow filter, a T28BB, big intercooler, better fuel pump and some 550cc injectors. Remapped ECU...
Now ya ready to up the boost to around 12-14 and you'll easily be running into the 13's.

Come over to Australia and you'll see what REAL NISSAN power is about! None of this GA16/KE24 shit!!! j/k!
oh believe me we know what we're missing.....no need to rub it in :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
-=Martyr=- said:

you amercians.... i guess that woud include myself.... well, heres the deal, bro... i dont know what the economy is like in your side of the world... but here in the US, its kinda shaky..... and sr20s dont grow on trees.... u catch my drift?

·
Wins Don't Come Easy
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hell yeah

theimportscene said:
you amercians.... i guess that woud include myself.... well, heres the deal, bro... i dont know what the economy is like in your side of the world... but here in the US, its kinda shaky..... and sr20s dont grow on trees.... u catch my drift?
you are definately right on that one. If i had the money i would probably do everything he just said, but i dont so i don't but it is still good advice

G

·
Your economy is bad? Australia's is shocking at the moment!
Around 67c to the American dollar!

But I understand when you say you don't have much funds available- my S13 Silvia (SR20det!) is pretty much stock apart from the front spoiler, 16" Volk Racing rims and a GFB Stealth FX bov.

But for those that do have the money, keep ya eye out for an SR! You won't regret it if you find one!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts