Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night i was thinking about what i can do to make my car better all the way around. well the common problem that i am finding in gen is that people wont the hook up like a MT but they can only drive a AT. i got to looking and i have fond a few parts that could make this happen. it would be a true manual trany but with out having to push in the clutch all the time.

i have did my research and have fond a elec arm that is small but is able to push or pull 50bls its about a foot long. with a speed adjuster wired to it. to what else adjust the speed at witch it moves in and out.

what im thinking is put a small push switch's all wired to one main wire that runs to the arm. and line the switch's with ever gear. to where when the shifter hit the switch it lets the clutch out. but when none of the switch's are pressed, it would be like the you foot has the clutch pushed in.

but im still looking for a delay timer so when you shift in to first it give you time to get ready before the clutch grabs.

what do you all think?

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
or, rather than waste all that time, get a shift kit, trans brake, and an ecu-tune increase the shift point of the AT... and save yourself a collosal waste of time.
it's an interesting concept, but anyone can drive stick.

people use automatics for drag racing because an automatic transmition is stronger, and it shifts at the same time, every time. it doesn't shift too early or too late, and it doesn't miss gears. it helps eliminate human error.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
im calling bs on that everyone cant drive stick. my grand father tryed to teach my mom and she burned up 7 clutch's. I my self have even tired to show her how its done. i even put a spring where the clutch met's the cord to help slow it down so if she dumped the clutch it would have a few sic before it stalled out. she brunt 2 up before i said i was dont trying to show her. and the bad thing is we never moved more then 10ft at a time.

but what you say is true. but i know a few people that grow up on AT and they are having a hard time learning how to drive a MT. but think about it. most turners you see at car shows have MT not AT well i know down here in SC its like that. and i know some days i hate having a MT but i cant stand AT. it would all most be like a 18 wheeler set up.

o by the way all i do is set around all day im on work mens comp for the next 3 months at least so i have time on my hands to do something like that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the one that i'm looking at it take 2.5sic to go all the way out. but with a speed adjuster you can change that you know. yea one button would be easier but im looking at having to do nothing at all but shift. but I'm all so looking at butting a kill switch in so if i don't wont to use it it dose not work. the parts have not came in yet so i have not got to play with it. i got a few things that i wont to try with other sets ups but one thing at a time right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts