Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah I know, GO TURBO. No...not yet! Going to be doing an all motor KA (to be different, already own one gas guzzling turbo-twin turbo at that-car and do not need another... so my question is... (yes, I already searched!)

Anyone make a different style manifold for the KA motors? ...the stock manifold is just junk and I don't want it. Plus, it's bulky (WEAK!)... anyhelp or advice would be awesome! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone?

have any pointers?

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
You want to buy an aftermarket intake manifold? What do you hope to accomplish? Nissan has an ECCS system, so it's not like putting an intake manifold on a Camaro. I'd do other mods before getting an intake manifold. In my experience, the only ECCS compatible non OE intake manifolds I've seen were handmade. To this end, build-your-own intake manifold kits are available from distributors who list on EBay.
If I were you, I'd keep the intake manifold stock for now, and invest in some 550cc injectors and a high-flow fuel pump. Have you investigated a Z32 MAF?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually I was just discussing the Z32 MAF mod with a friend. I'm in cars day in and day out as I run a shop. Eventually I'd like to step up the manifold to something more designed for some HP instead of torque. I will be doing a nice compression bump (somewhere around 10.5:1), rings, rod bolts, injectors, JWT cams/cam gears, lightened valves/tighter springs, underdrive pulleys, and a fair amount of port matching and head work (and obviously I/H/E)....BUT...I was curious as to whether an A/M manifold was available or if I was going to have to make due with the stock manifold. thanks for the imput.

oh, and considering stock injector size is 270cc, 550cc injector are WAAAAYYY to big, I don't care what MAF you swap in. plans are for 360cc, should support the increased airflow and compression nicely. thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts