Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends and i headed up north the past weekend to a beach.
I was only carrying 3 passengers(including myself), a cooler and some other light weighted food/utensils.
It wasnt extremely hot, i got my a/c on all the way, set on Auto @ 24-25 degrees.

On our way back, i was on 400 headin southbound. Traffic speeds were around 120, and on the left lane at least 130 was needed to keep up. My friend and I were pretty much on the left lane the wholetime.

I find the x-trail totally lacked power once the speed was past 120. It was revving around 3000-3100rpm, and when i needed to speed up to pass trailers on the right and stepped on the gas paddle, the response and accelertation was EXTREMELY slow, pretty much "dead". The speedometer was barely moving,unless i turned off the O/D and let it rev beyond 4500rpm and on. At that point she was extremely loud and started shaking.

My point here is that I wasnt carryin a full load at all. A/c was on relatively light and weather was nothing extreme. I was kind of disappointed at her performence pass 120km/h. I think it got a point where its "dangerously" slow when quick accel is needed.

I'm only complaning now becuase i usually do city driving and wont find this a problem.

Anyone experienced the same ?

·
Registered
354 Posts
I've done a good number of day trips this summer with the AC on and the X-Trail loaded up pretty good. Me, my wife, my 2 yr old, my 7 mos old, a stroller, a wagon and all the food & gear that go along with.
While I can definitely notice the added weight getting up to hwy speeds I wouldn't say it's dangerously slow at all. In fact I'm thinking of adding a cargo box for more carrying capacity. Bear in mind I've got the little ones and I set the cruise at "only" 120kph. My days of ripping up to Wasaga with the boys are long gone.
What worries me about your post is the shaking you mention. That's definitely not normal. Also, remember if it's slow to get up to speed because of the wieght it's going to be slow coimng back down again too once you get on the binders.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Cleaned the injectors (ultrasonic cleaning) and throttle body. Found a few lost ponies. The 4 injectors were removed, cleaned and flow rates checked. Removing the XT's injectors was a somewhat "major" job. The Intake Manifolds had to be removed as it was "blocking" the injectors. The throttle body was straight forward.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts