Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a legit company that import/exports skyline's from Japan? I don't care if it's not street legal, I can take care of that, I just don't want to pay the ridiculous price through Motorex!

· Registered
419 Posts
A Legit company to Import a Skyline through, other than Motorex? .... I don't care if it's not street legal, I can take care of that
^^ rofl.. obviously you dont know much about how importing/registering a skyline works.. "non-street-legal skylines" are same as un-registered skylines. motorex/rb motoring charges so much for registering the car, not importing/shipping it.

both rb motoring/motorex sells only street legal skylines and have similar prices. why dont you just import a skyline through some shipping company and register the car as nissan maxima. people have done it before along with s15 silvias. if u get caught ur screwed but since you can "take care of it", i guess it will be okay

· Registered
48 Posts
jeong said:
^^ rofl.. obviously you dont know much about how importing/registering a skyline works.. "non-street-legal skylines" are same as un-registered skylines. motorex/rb motoring charges so much for registering the car, not importing/shipping it.

both rb motoring/motorex sells only street legal skylines and have similar prices. why dont you just import a skyline through some shipping company and register the car as nissan maxima. people have done it before along with s15 silvias. if u get caught ur screwed but since you can "take care of it", i guess it will be okay

or just get ur dealer license and use a dealer plate

· Viva el iPod
4,434 Posts
JDMfreak said:
Does anyone know of a legit company that import/exports skyline's from Japan? I don't care if it's not street legal, I can take care of that, I just don't want to pay the ridiculous price through Motorex!
Everyone wants to play, no one wants to pay. Whatever clever plan you think you have that is "fool proof" and soooooo original has already been thought of and/or tried. Give it up, if you can't afford to pay the "ridiculous" (says who, you?) price, oh well. Its what the market will bear, a street legal Skyline is a rare vehicle, as such it commands a higher price.

· Banned
5,869 Posts
At this point with much ado about Motorex not getting the R32s and R33s right that are already in this country, I doubt many others will be allowed into the country, except under temporary "Display/business" car status. 2 years for an R34, so I've read. After that the car is shipped back or crushed. Such a waste. And you better beleive with the popularity of these cars that customs will be looking in every container large enough to hide pieces of one in. It might die down in a couple years, it might not.

· i pwn your mom
8,508 Posts
shell is the rollin chasis and the body, no interior, no engine, no electronics

dont quote me on this, but im pretty sure that what it is.. and a lot of the time they are rollin on some stealies..

· Banned
5,869 Posts
psuLemon said:
shell is the rollin chasis and the body, no interior, no engine, no electronics

dont quote me on this, but im pretty sure that what it is.. and a lot of the time they are rollin on some stealies..
SO, some wiseguy might get the idea to import a GTR body and drop a V8 in it. JUst what we need.......... :rolleyes:

· Viva el iPod
4,434 Posts
SO, some wiseguy might get the idea to import a GTR body and drop a V8 in it. JUst what we need.......... :rolleyes:
I think there is somebody on these boards with that already in mind.

But a rolling chassis won't pass DOT anyways, so I don't think you will be to get it registered.

EDIT: I suppose you could import the car in pieces, you'd have to declare it as used auto parts or scrap metal or what not, then tuck it into a frame or vehicle or build a "kit" to put it in. I still don't think its "technically" legal to do so, the one and only time I've tried to import a car sans body(powertrain, suspension, wheels, tires, electronics) we almost lost the entire container and we were almost fined $50,000, although we had declared them used auto parts, so maybe if you declare the parts something else on the manifest you might be able to bring it in, I don't know. And in any case this would be a lot of effort simply to spite Motorex, et. al. The juice simply isn't worth the squeeze IMO.

· Registered
145 Posts
jeong said:

Buy a cheap nissan, like a broke down maxima and the switch the vin #s and all ID #S with the skyline. Then just say its a maxima chassis with skyline body panels and interior. Thats what they do when they convert pontiac fieros into lamborghinis :) Of course this is completley illegal.
I dont know much about skyline chassis, but if there is a usdm car with the same chassis as the skiline, then do the same thing with that car.

· Registered
145 Posts
S14240SR said:
Buy a cheap nissan, like a broke down maxima and the switch the vin #s and all ID #S with the skyline. Then just say its a maxima chassis with skyline body panels and interior. Thats what they do when they convert pontiac fieros into lamborghinis :) Of course this is completley illegal.
I dont know much about skyline chassis, but if there is a usdm car with the same chassis as the skiline, then do the same thing with that car.

not only what you are suggesting extremly illegal but extremly stupid. at least you recognize that its illegal, i suggest you are suspended. this same situation happened over at AF, and the member got banned, i dont like this kind of crap being brought up. especially when we have people (we wont mention names....vega...) roaming around here, that might actually try what you said.

· i pwn your mom
8,508 Posts
there have been many people that have tried stuff and didn't get the stuff passed.. example is skyline94gts (somehting around that name)... you CAN'T get a skyline over here that easy.. he didn't listen and it took him 9 months to figure otu that it would cost 15k to get it legalized by the RI because he didn't listen to what we said

· Registered
150 Posts
tougedrifter said:
not only what you are suggesting extremly illegal but extremly stupid. at least you recognize that its illegal, i suggest you are suspended. this same situation happened over at AF, and the member got banned, i dont like this kind of crap being brought up. especially when we have people (we wont mention names....vega...) roaming around here, that might actually try what you said.
---------
all i can say to tha tis fuck you. i am sick and tired of other peoples crap. all i have ever wanted was to find another way. If I do then you all would benifit from it anyhow. So either help or shut it. As far as I can tell motorex and even possibly RBmotoring may be shuting down. Go to skylines down under and go under the us section there is a discustion going on that even sean is invovled in. People are not getting their cars out of motorex. And sean thinks that Hiro may even skip out and go to japan entirely. People are sueing motorex and are getting really pissed off from their crap that they are trying to pull. I have know about this kind of crap for a long while now. This is one of the many reasons That i have been looking for a way.
----------

It seems to me that for the starter of this thread the most benifical statement so far was to keep looking for one already here that has already been legalized.
-----------

Also the kit car thing has been done over already it will not work because it has to have been a NHTSA legalized kit- they give out the different kits that have been approved on their site.
---------
There is a 250,000 fine for vin switching.
---------
IF you really want to get in trouble look what happened to Cameron at night7racing .com( just search for him here I just did and he is all over here- there is a sticky at AF about sean nailing him to a way too)
---------
Why do you want the car anyway? Drifting? um....240sx please with rb26dett silzilla did this at his shop. I know it has been done because he works just soth of me for about oh an hour or so.
----------
Also if you want a track car...and are stuck on a skyline or at least a nissan i would go with an 80s 300zx then drop the 26 in there. then do whatever you want to it.
----------
If you want it just because the "bling" or you want it because you want to impress your friends then go back to highschool because out here no one really cares unless you are driving a viper or a RUF GTR or CTR ( i think the gtr is just a supped up version of the porche 911 turbo.) THen again you don't have the money for what it soundlike then if you want to complain go to nico forums because there seems like there is always alot of that there.
----------
Also if this is your first car - i would not recomend it- i started on a 89' honda accord four door. With the worlds largest rust holes- no more than an 18 second rust bucket. you get basic driving techniques down. then switch to either an 80's stang or a 91-94 laser turbo AWD. Then get used to it then work on it more. Then when you really want to go quick get that 300zx... and so on and so forth.
--------------

Sorry all for the massive post.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.