Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is one of the best sounding and best performing exhausts? I'm not gonna buy a whole cat back either, so what is the best size piping to use? I heard that on a civic the best size is a 2 1/4 is that the same on a sentra? help please!!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Go for HKS if u want an exhaust system even more quieter than a Greddy and that does not attract attention from the looks. For GA16DE motors, you should stick around 2 inch piping for your exhaust. If you go more than that, it would kill a good amount of your lower end power.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Teknokid said:
Which is more expensive HKS or Greddy?? So HKS is quieter but does the GReddy sound ricey??
For a GA16 you don't want either of those...they are too large... Both applications are for the SR20 .... unless HKS has come out with one in the last couple of months that's been hiding...

Last I checked the GReddy was 2 3/8 (60mm) , which is way too large for the Naturally asparated GA16...

The best system on the market for the GA is the Stromung.. They are one of the few companies that has actually took the time to test fit several different years of GA's to ensure a proper fit.. and not a hint of ricey sound....

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
click the link for the Nissan Performance Mag article for more info... I don't think they have online ordering... but you can make phone orders..
From what I hear they are updating their website for all the Nissan apps they now have... http://www.stromung.com

You can also buy them from Mossy Nissan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts