Nissan Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
PS - Our "green" here in Arkansas is nuclear, and frankly that's what Texas probably would have done if the greenies hadn't made nuclear into a dirty word in the days since the Dardanelle reactor was built. More virtue-signaling, and devoid of the slightest real science. Also very sad.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
They don't need a relief plan, they need smarter planners and less "green" BS. CNN probably won't tell you, but over the last decade or so, Texas made the idiot error of becoming 25% dependent on wind and solar (mostly wind farms). When the ice and crazy-low temperatures hit, over 90% of the windmills froze up. I heard one commentator remark that, "Being short on power in Texas is like starving to death in a supermarket -- you can only do it on purpose." Texas has done it on purpose, and it's dumb as a post. This is what you get when "green" politicians start virtue signaling instead of using half a brain. People die. Very sad.
hi...can i private message you on here about a smokey tailpipe issue i just posted? just want to pick your brain for a minute or so.

·
Nissan Enthusiast
3,152 Posts
Don't want to get into a political argument, but VStar you have it exactly backward. It is freezing gas and water lines that has disabled electrical production. Solar is still working 100% and your windmills have frozen because unlike most places in the world your electric utility was too cheap to spend the necessary money to winterize the system. The issue is systemic and the result of poor management. The issue is not renewable energy technology. You might just ponder the fact that the vast majority of Texas' power supply is not of that type, and that neighboring States and countries with cold climates have not suffered such issues.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Well, it is a political argument and running out of energy in Texas is like starving in a grocery store, regardless of what hardware or people were responsible. It's idiotic no matter how you cut it.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts