Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's still early in most of the US, but those in the warmer regions, how well does the A/C on the new 2005 Pathfinders seem to work?

Thanks!

·
Registered
110 Posts
cwescapexlt4x4 said:
I know it's still early in most of the US, but those in the warmer regions, how well does the A/C on the new 2005 Pathfinders seem to work?

Thanks!
It was up in the 80's here the other day and the A/C worked great. My daughter even complained that she was getting cold.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jrex said:
It was up in the 80's here the other day and the A/C worked great. My daughter even complained that she was getting cold.
Good to know, Thanks! :cheers:

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have only owned this new 2005 and we are getting about 16/17 in the city but I am still under 1200 mile break in period. Pretty good compared to the previous dodge durango R/T I had (11mpg).

·
Registered
430 Posts
The AC works great in our new pathy and our mileage is right at 18mpg. It's our first Pathy, so I can't compare to a previous version. I used to have a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 4L straight 6 and got about 16 or 17 with about an even split of city highway. So the new Pathy is better than the Jeep. Hopefully it will be more reliable too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ive been getting between 16/17 however I was told last night that I drive it like I still have my sports car. :) My A/C works great...haven't used it a whole lot yet but when I have it has worked great. From what I hear I might be using my heater this weekend. Damn Kansas weather.

·
Registered
38 Posts
A/C works great in the last couple of days... weather was kind of humid.

My pathy is at 2000 mi mark now... just changed out the bread-in oil and replace it with Mobile 1 extended life, 15k. I don't think I'll wait til 15k to change out again.
Before change out , ~17.5 mix city/hwy. after change out, ~19.5,
But I think i have been driving on the hwy more lately.

I have a 4X4 off road, it suffers a little bit. I'm not an agressive drive too..
I usually step up to 2k rmp during my acceleration.. I rarely get up to 3k, unless I have to pass someone.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have to say I drive mine pretty hard. Mix hwy/city with a lot of the city time short trips or sitting in traffic. 5000mi and 15mpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
jrex said:
I have to say I drive mine pretty hard. Mix hwy/city with a lot of the city time short trips or sitting in traffic. 5000mi and 15mpg

Here's my mileage story with my 02 Pathfinder...

Worst case is winter, short trips, very cold....15mpg US

Best case summer, highway, warm temps.....29mpg US

I've never heard of mileage swinging that much under different conditions.

BTW, in both cases it is moderate driving. If I was really booting it I'm sure it would be more like 10 and 20 mpg resectively

It's my only complaint in 3 1/2 years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts