Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Team Serious
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys,

first of all i don't normaly use the ac in the car... but i took the kids to chucky cheese the other night and i put the ac on ... when i arrived i saw that the vents were wet all four of them .... Is this normal.... Also at times it was blowing out a smell...(and no it was not the kids)the smell was a little stale....
any help please...

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
If you dont use you a/c often, an acumulation of mold might begin to grow and that might be what you are smelling. As for the condensation, ive never had that problem. Might be something wrong with your condenser.

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
I forgott to tell you, if you cant stand the smell. They have a service at the nissan dealerships that flushes the a/c system. That should do the trick. But its a tab bit on the pricey side.You also could just buy thoes airfreshining clips that clip into the a/c vents.

D

·
0 Posts
Hey Selrider,

Condensation in the A/C system is common. Usually the moisture collects and drains out from the evaporator core area. If you have a musty smell, chances are the moisture is not draining from the system, and the smell is from mold. The drain might be blocked, so you might want to check that. I've seen leaves and stuff blocking them before.

Hope this helps!

Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts