Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just had a quick question regarding my A/C. My car's a 2000 Pathfinder and I got into a small accident near the end of winter. I noticed the A/C had stopped working after the repairs but didn't bother with it cause it was still cool out and I really needed the car back for work and kids etc.

Now that the heat is here I need it fixed, but before I take it back to the shop I was wondering if there were any tips or suggestions anyone may have for me to look into before I take it in. Any fuses or plugs I should check.

Just wondering?

Thanks In advance,

W.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I would check the A/C condenser for damage from accident. If the aluminum core got a hole in it, freon would leak out, and A/C will quit working.. nissan part is > $200.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would check the A/C condenser for damage from accident. If the aluminum core got a hole in it, freon would leak out, and A/C will quit working.. nissan part is > $200.
along with that...you might want to inspect all of the A/C hardlines (and rubber lines too) to ensure you don't have any damage on those too.

The condensor is the aluminum looking canister in the front passenger side of the engine bay. You can follow the lines from there.

FYI, there is a high pressure and low pressure side. You may be able to procure a device that will allow you to messure the pressure in each side through the valves under the caps marked "L" or "H".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thxs guys, i guess i'm just going to be doing a quick visual to see if there are cracks leaks and the look into the lines. if it's a quick minor repair i don't want to be taken for a ride at the mechanics.

thxs again guys,

W.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts