Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!!
2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 S about 111K miles.
have been noticing that the driver side has been taking quite a bit to cool when I turn on the A/C. Both vents directly to the left and the right of the steering wheel take a bit to cool down and blow nice cool air. The vent in the middle-middle on the dash and on the passenger side blow cool air right away. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this? or have an idea if this is normal or not. Haven’t don’t anything yet as far as getting the a/c lines tested nor added freon, figured I check out the forums for any ideas, opinions or to see if anyone has experienced this already.

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,599 Posts
I have a 2012 Altima 2.5 S and it does the same thing as your car's A/C. When I first start the car up that's been sitting in the hot sun, I'll set the button to "MAX" and turn the fan speed all the way up to maximum. This helps a lot.

If your A/C is blowing good cold air, there's no need to test/add refrigerant; the system is fully charged. The last thing you don't want to do is overcharge the system; bad things can happen!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Copy that. Thanks for the info. It’s just so confusing because yes after about 5-10 minutes they blow nice cool air as it should while the other vents cool right away. However yes the a/c does cool good with the exception of that driver side taking a few minutes. I also figured it might be somewhat normal considering the Altima dash around those years really heat up and even melt so I thought it’s just heat directing itself to the middle, But Just confused because it’s only one side. Thanks again for the reply, at least I know I am not alone lol
all the best.

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,599 Posts
Copy that. Thanks for the info. It’s just so confusing because yes after about 5-10 minutes they blow nice cool air as it should while the other vents cool right away. However yes the a/c does cool good with the exception of that driver side taking a few minutes. I also figured it might be somewhat normal considering the Altima dash around those years really heat up and even melt so I thought it’s just heat directing itself to the middle, But Just confused because it’s only one side. Thanks again for the reply, at least I know I am not alone lol
all the best.
As a side note, I forgot to mention; with the MAX setting, no air ever comes out of the floor level LH/RH vents. On the other 4 settings, air does come out on the floor vents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts