Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off i have a 1.6 96 200sx. I have noticed recently that my A/C is not as cold as it used to be. I decided to add more refrigerant to the system today. Picked up a kit and checked the pressure, was about 15 psi lower than needed so i added more exactly as the instructions indicated. I went for a test drive and noticed a new problem. It seems the A/C clutch (this is was i believe is the culprit) engages for a few seconds and then disengages for a few more seconds and back and forth. I feel the car slow when it engages and speed up when it disengages. This was not happening before i added the refrigerant. Anyone ever have this happen? Is there somewhere i went wrong?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Not to sure. I just remove the damn things. Just got done with mine today.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,277 Posts
the A/C does drag, it a small engine.
Yours is cycling on a switch, either High pressure or low pressure.
This is also normal, although not as fast as you report.
SO you either have too much freon or too little.
Are your fans working OK ?
Is it better on the freeway ?
Is it cold now ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought i had too much freon so i let a little out and it seems to be better but i dont want to let anymore out. fans seem fine and it is cold. Just keeping it in 2nd gear i notice it. when i shift to 3rd and higher i do not notice it. I dont use the a/c much so im not sure if this happened all the time but since i just added the freon i thought i might have messed something up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts