Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
two months back the blower stopped working on no 3. then suddenly 1 week back, the blower stopped completely on switches 1,2 and 3. it worked only on 4 and in the off position. now two days back, i turned the ignition off when both the A/c and fan was running, and then when I fired the car up it stopped working completely. the A/c still works but the fan stopped completely. Well, is the problem minor or major.?
thanks in advance
mk

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
Were you to
this site, you would find that your fan switch is burned up, requiring disassembly of the center console to reach and replace. You'll need a Phillips-head screw driver, patience, and knee-pads.

Removing the front seats will probably make it easier and they are held in by a mere four 14 mm bolts that are easy to reach. Watch-out for the pressure sensor wiring underneath.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
OR, your blower resistor could have took a dump. I have a used switch you can have for like $5 shipped if you figure out that's the problem.

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
Blower resistor failure still always allows setting four to work, so I say it's the switch since NO settings work. Plenty of write-ups in SE-R.NET archives about melted switch.

·
No Nissan Yet
139 Posts
mk_sentra said:
Hi all
two months back the blower stopped working on no 3. then suddenly 1 week back, the blower stopped completely on switches 1,2 and 3. it worked only on 4 and in the off position. now two days back, i turned the ignition off when both the A/c and fan was running, and then when I fired the car up it stopped working completely. the A/c still works but the fan stopped completely. Well, is the problem minor or major.?
thanks in advance
mk
ok i am a little confused. blower motor means the one for your heat in your car that is in your dash. A/C fan means the fan the cools the radiator when the A/C is on. which one is it?

well i assume you meant blower motor. if it works on only 4, replace the blower motor resistor. Nissan is common for this. 1,2,3 position run throuth the blower motor resistors. 4 runs directly from the swith with full 12v unlike the other 3 positions that dont and that is how you get different speeds.

your blower motor resistor, if am correct, is held in by 2 10mm head bolts and the wire connector. i believe it is behind the glove box, but someone correct me here if i am wrong.

·
No Nissan Yet
139 Posts
oh yeah, dont try the "resolder" method, cause it doesnt hold for long. you will know when you see it.:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.