Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
706 Posts
All the above is fine and dandy! But it's not the best way, it 's actually more expensive in the long run! If you wanna maintain your stock ride comfort then this is the way,...Buy some Belltech lower spindles, or lowered control arms, lowering blocks, or the lowered rear spring which is offered from belltech. Most folks will lower the front 2" with spindles, then throw on some 3" lowering block to get the leveled look...That's really for people who don't use their trucks as trucks! I would suggest lowered 2" splindles and lowered 2" block cause you still have the natural truck raked stance which means you can load so crap in the back without your headlights shining in the trees looking for freaking squirrels...IMO!!!

· Registered
706 Posts
Can you elaborate on this? I'm interested.

Futher:

1. Lowered control arms do not correct the suspension geometry like spindles do. They are no better than unwinding the control arms.

2. If you use your truck as a truck, don't lower it. Lowering it is stupid if you use it like a truck.

3. It is very easy to re-align your headlights after lowering 2"/3" - if you can turn a screw driver, you gots the mad tyte skilz yo.
Sure! You're doing more damage to your suspension components and tires lowering them with the torsion bars. Again... IMO 2" dropped spindles, 2" lowering blocks, lowered shocks (not really necessary) is the best setup! And you can still throw stuff in the back and haul without any issues period!

· Registered
706 Posts
I don't have the spec's on me right now, but too low can cause a bumpsteer problem that tends too wear out tierod ends faster than usual. A well maintained HB front suspension tends to last 300,000 before balljoints and linkages start showing excessive wear!

· Registered
706 Posts
I'm getting my info from Nissan manuals, 21 years of maintaning this beast and doing things, you think you've pioneered! Bumpsteer is apparently something youhave no clue about and you have that happening before you get to 3" of torsion adjustment. I found that anything beyond 2" was a crappy ass ride and now at that point of having not enough spring, unless you're running HD units from Sway-a-way. Anyhow thanks for letting my here your point of view on the subject...

· Registered
706 Posts
Spindles don't change your balljoint angle s, caster nor camber...they just raise the spindles axle location on the knuckle itself.....I lowered mine about an 1" in the front and 1" in the rear.....I also added Nissan Motorsport's F & R swaybar kit....since my HB came with none!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.