Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Powered by natural gas
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, the car has gottne a tune up a month ago and run fine. New plugs, wires, dist cap and rotor, oil change, air filter, and cleaned the MAF sensor with a special cleaner spray. So today I drive to my 1st service call fine, then on my way to my second the car starts decelerating and loosing power. I limp it home 5 miles and it can't go above 2k RPM. Put it in nuetral and won't rev above 2k, just sputers. I turn the car off, then right back on and it revs fine. No engine codes, but when I open the hood steam is spewing out of the overflow coolant bottle. I am waiting for the radiator to cool down a bit now so I can check the level, and add if neccessary. Any ideas, I cannot find my Haynes manual anywhere. No engine codes or CELs have appeared. Need help asap. Thanks! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

·
Registered
86 Posts
First ideas that I figure out are either blown head gasket which makes pressure to cooling sytem or the other one is that engine is overheating and boiling coolant. This can be because of blown head gasket (makes pressure to cooling system and blocks water flow perhaps)

You can try to determine if it's head gasket by warming up your engine so that thermostat opens and water flows all over your system and check your radiator if there are bubles coming out.

Or if no bubles are voming then it also might be jamned thermostat which causes existing water to waporize. Also in this case it's more than propable that your head needs some machining. It could ave been bent when engine overheated.

for now there are pretty many options. but there is something to begin...

- No-Pain -

·