Nissan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have a 99 sentra w/ some performance mods... the electrical system is stock except for the stereo... now i have run into a problem installing new high output headlights... i bought 9004w headlights which should work right? well when i turn on my headlights the high beam turns on wether i have the higs on or off... also when i hit the high beams the lights dim to a yellowish color... this is the 2nd set of lights from 2 diff manufacturers that do this... why is this????

PS. my regular headlight work fine..... im just out of ideas

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
btw when you install the high output bulbs.. the ones that are more than 55/65watts ..and you dont use high voltage wire harness,they will eventuallly endup melting your wire harnesses.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
i have a 99 as well and i have 9007 bulbs in my car, the 9004 didnt fit to well. try that out.

·
j-lu
1,237 Posts
lookalikehuuh said:
hey guys i have a 99 sentra w/ some performance mods... the electrical system is stock except for the stereo... now i have run into a problem installing new high output headlights... i bought 9004w headlights which should work right? well when i turn on my headlights the high beam turns on wether i have the higs on or off... also when i hit the high beams the lights dim to a yellowish color... this is the 2nd set of lights from 2 diff manufacturers that do this... why is this????

PS. my regular headlight work fine..... im just out of ideas
u have to put the right bulb 9007 that will fix the problem

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dont know but my car has 9004 stock... one of you guys was talking about the high voltage cables so where can i get those? my high output bulbs are 65/45w all help is appreciated thanks guys...

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
Im just curious to why you think you have the 9004 bulbs. Was it cause the lil computer at wal mart told you so? Cause that damn thing lies....lol Every time a bulb burns out I go there then look up the number, ok 9004. Get them take them home try to install them and shit, I knew it was 9007. Im such a dumb ass sometimes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well now u guys got methinking but i guess all the computer systems are messed cause autozone said it was 9004 kragen and pepboys... i must look into this i think u guys are right and they are 9007 bulbs... thanks guys i appreciate it

·
Registered
162 Posts
yeah, i had the same problem when i installed my silverstars. my owners manual, automotive stores, and other books all said 9004's, and thats what i got. i had a few of those problems but didnt think much of them, then recently i looked at the stock bulbs and they were 9007's. that pisses me off cause i spent like $30 on silverstars that i cant take back and i have to buy another set now. btw does anyone know the exact manufactuers warranty on the silverstars?

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
why cant you take them back? is the package ripped to shreds? if not sometimes they smaller auto places (advance/the zone) will help ya out and exchanges them. tell them what happend. also it helps to scope out the right person to ask. normally the younger guys are more understanding. :cheers: i made friends with one of the dudes there (found him a winter car ;) )

·
Registered
162 Posts
there still good and the package is fine, its just that i didnt think they would take them back after i bought them over a month and half ago. but ill try

·
Da Dirty South
115 Posts
Hope ya got a reciept. You might be dissapointed if ya don't. Had the same thing happen to a friend of mine. Gotta have your reciept.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sylvania lists in their catalog as the '99 Sentra as having 9004 bulbs. It is WRONG. They are 9007. Maybe that's where some people have been misled. Other parts catalogs and databases may be wrong too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts