Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Longtime DSMtalker
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just looking for reccomendations.
I notcied, at least according to Summit's website, the the Suspension TEchniques bar is only for the 95-97??? What the hell.
I love the ST bar on my DSM. And was hoping to get it for the B14, as for $125 it is pretty cheap. I am not going to pay $240 for the Stillen one. Please let me know the prices, brands and shops in your posts.

·
Its a JEEP thing...
388 Posts
Do you have anything else done to the suspension.? I mean, just throwing a bar on can get things all outta whack...it can produce too much oversteer, making it unbearable to handle. If it fits the 95-97, it should in fact fit the 98-99, the rear suspension set up is still the same.
I would get as much info about suspensions on a B14 before doing anything that could make it unsafe..

·
Longtime DSMtalker
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have to politely disagree with you. My 93 Talon has a very similar suspension design front and rear as the B14, its rear axle is not as "advanced", but nonetheless. The first thing I did was add the rear ST sway bar. Set it to the middle middle setting for 2 months, to adjust to it. Then set it to full oversteer for both street and autoX. Since I have added a front STB, H&R springs and KYB shocks. But the rear sway bar made the biggest difference. From the factory this car has waaaaaay too much body roll. This rear sway bar is the cheapest and fastest way to cure this. I just wanted to check to see if Nissan did anything like change the mounting points in 98. Getting input from B14 owners who have thie bar is all I want. The FWD DSM guys almost unanimously agree that a rear sway bar is the best suspension mod to cure understeer and reduce body roll. My Sentra only has 23,000 miles so I can't justify doing a shock spring combo quite yet since it is a daily driver on Philadelhpiha's wonderful streets.
But thanks for the motherly advice.:)
Black200SXSER said:
Do you have anything else done to the suspension.? I mean, just throwing a bar on can get things all outta whack...it can produce too much oversteer, making it unbearable to handle. If it fits the 95-97, it should in fact fit the 98-99, the rear suspension set up is still the same.
I would get as much info about suspensions on a B14 before doing anything that could make it unsafe..

·
Its a JEEP thing...
388 Posts
Youre welcome..now go to your room.

I wasnt trying to be like that..alot of people come on here, and have little drivimg experience....am I going to tell them to make major changes to their car before I know what they are capable of, and what other mods they have.? no..

I asked what else you had to further the discussion..but obviously you know more about suspension than I do.

If I wanted to be a mommy figure.I would have scolded you and told you this isnt the place for this.and take it to the suspension forum.

Now.if you would like to continue with this discussion, please do..and try to keep the DSM suspension comparisons out of it, as they are different geometries. Although similiar..they are still different.

So..from what you posted..you are into autocross.? correct? so you are wanting to autox this car as well..?

·
Longtime DSMtalker
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Black200SXSER,
Sorry if my comments came across like that, I didn't intend them to. The only mod is an air intake. Stock otherwise including the suspension. Sorry, I didn't know I couldn't use a car so similar that I own to use a a bookmark. The Sentra won't be raced. I just want to improve its on street performance, as I can't drive it nearly as agrresive as I can in the Talon, and that could be a problem. Also if you think this thread will get more quality hits in the suspension forum please move it there. I figured this would be the best spot since it specifically about a 99 model. Also are the springs really any different on the SE compared to the other Sentras? And I never said I knew more about suspensions than you, that is why I asked the fitment question:)

·
Its a JEEP thing...
388 Posts
Cool...no problem..

sway bars are a good addition to get rid of body roll..without doing too much else to the suspension. but do both, or front ST and an adjustable in the rear to dial in exactly what you are striving for...

I believe the SE springs arent any different from the sentra springs. I dont mind the thread being here in the B14 section..as some can learn from it..but I would suggest posting in teh Suspension forum as well..no reason why you cannot get additional info from there...also.since it is an SE..subscribe to www.sr20deforum.com as well

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
I would almost bet $$ that the bar will fit fine.

I think Summit has not updated that part of the catalog in years...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts