Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of an aftermarket projector light for the 99 maxima. I cant seem to find the headlamp replacement anywhere. If anyone knows where i can get a set from to replace the factory housing it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
783 Posts
There are no mass market projector conversions available that I know of.

A custom retrofit can be done yourself, or you could pay HIDTech or Illusions Lighting or someone else to do it. IIRC for a hi/lo bixenon retrofit it's $900-1000 including labor from one of those companies.

As a result the most common upgrade is to H4 headlamps from the Cefiro in Japan (also built on the A32 chassis). Not a perfect fit, but pretty close with fairly minimal modification.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Darrell said:
Does anyone know of an aftermarket projector light for the 99 maxima. I cant seem to find the headlamp replacement anywhere. If anyone knows where i can get a set from to replace the factory housing it would be greatly appreciated.
www.umnitza.com...they have angel eye projectors but the catch is that you'll have to get them installed into the headlamp if ur willing to do the work

·
Registered
783 Posts
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. RS6 projectors if I read your other post correctly, no?

I'm looking at doing this for a friend, but while we've got the tools we're not quite sure what we should use to mount the projector and fill the cuts in the back of the housing-- some of the jobs we've seen have been very neatly done, others have been kind of ugly, so we're not sure what materials we should be using. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Head on over to www.hidplanet.com. There is a wealth of information regarding retrofitting HID projectors. This mod is very custom oriented so how I went about it may not be applicable for your installation. I would just recommend that you take your time and make paper templates when marking the mounting holes prior to drilling. This is the most important step as an uneven projector will results in a tilted cutoff. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhh... thanks for the link. I've been there before but I clearly need to browse around a bit more. Looks good!

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
any pix skymaxima ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
OFCOURSE BUT GIVE ME SOME TIME CUZ I HAVE TO UPLOAD THE PICS AND I WORK THIS WEEKEND ALL DAY BECAUSE OF MOTHER'S DAY BUT ILL GET THEM HERE AS SOON AS POSIBLE

1 - 14 of 14 Posts