Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of sudden, most electronic parts in my car lost power, only the front light is working. The car is running fine, but no power windows,locks,A/C,radio/CD,no dashboard light... all electricity is gone.

Did anyone have the same problem?

For couple of times, the electricity came back in 2 min after I started the car, the service engine light was on . I had it checked in Autozone and got the error code p1350. They told me it might be three reasons:oxygen 
sensor,oxygen sensor connection, or circuit fuse.

I guess it 's because of the fuse.

anyone knows where I should start with?

Thank you 

·
Registered
203 Posts
Have you checked your alternator? Power loss usually starts with the alternator if it's not a fuse, especially since you mentioned Autozone. If you have a duralast alternator from Autozone then I would check that first. Otherwise, start at the battery and work your way back. Check battery voltage, then alternator voltage output, then fuses, etc.

·
Registered
272 Posts
most of the time a loss of electronics in the interior is a bad alternator, eveerything dims or dies, such as the cd player will randomly turn off because the battery doesnt have enuf power to give it juice. Try fuses too, that could b a possibility 2. Check that before stuff beforeyou try the O2 sesor
:cheers:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hope you're right! Was the battery old or did it just "go dead" all of a sudden? I'm guessing you checked the alternator regardless, otherwise you may have the same situation in a few days. Doesn't hurt to double check. If it's only the battery, then you got off cheap and congrats. :thumbup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
scooterbob said:
Hope you're right! Was the battery old or did it just "go dead" all of a sudden? I'm guessing you checked the alternator regardless, otherwise you may have the same situation in a few days. Doesn't hurt to double check. If it's only the battery, then you got off cheap and congrats. :thumbup:
I did have the alternator checked by mechanics. they said it's good.

but...

after one week, today , the car got the same problem:(

Could it be alternator?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Everyone that responded told you it was the alternator. If you don't replace it you will be buying a battery a week for life!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jer_ry said:
Everyone that responded told you it was the alternator. If you don't replace it you will be buying a battery a week for life!
I checked the alternator in Medias last time. They told me the alternator is good??

And the car got power again after half an hour...

It's working for two days now. When I check the battery connection, I saw red color oil on the top of the battery. Is it normal?

I went to Medias again and they said everything worked fine.

One thing that confused me is at 75A fuse location there is a piece of copper
instead.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Weird how they said the alternator was still good cuz thats exactly what happens when it is bad the battery only last about a week. Might want to try at another place that checks them just to be sure. The red stuff is more than likely anti-corrosion on the terminals if you had it installed by someone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts