Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Muahaha, I had gotten hit by some idiot not watching where he was
going in the parking lot doing like a mile an hour. He hit my side
right by the front wheel well and he made my bumper sag about 1/2 an inch. So today me and my girlfriend are in my car and she's telling me how I'm going to wreck if I keep driving like I am, and I'm sitting here joking around about how I'm going to get someone to hit me and fix my bumper. So like not even another block down the road I'm sitting behind this chick and a train starts coming. This lady is like 5-10 feet away from the tracks, but for some reason I guess she felt that she needed to back up...RIGHT INTO ME!!! She was driving a Toyota Tundra w/ a big ol' tow hitch on the back. Needless to say, not only am I getting a new bumper :) , I am also getting a whole new front end..... Well anyway I guess what I'm getting at is, would it be possible to swap the 98 grill for the 99? Do you think it is a universal fit or is it going to need special modifications??? Just in case you all are going to ask, the tow hitch didn't punch thru the radiator, none of the mounts are damaged, just a clean hit on the body. Thanks for the advice, this place is awesome!

·
Da Dirty South
115 Posts
That sucks. Thankfully the damage wasn't more extensive, you lucked out. I'm pretty sure that they are the same. I believe that there is little or no differecne between the two.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The grill will fit from all that I have seen and read,

Headlights are not the same so the headlights would need to be changed as well to the 99 style from what I understand.

If you look at the front of the 98 and the front of the 99's the bumpers/grills and headlights are all changed in design part of it.

The mounting is all the same however.

I was thinking awhile back that the bumper might work with the 99 headlights but the grill would have the be changed out to fit the 99 grill in there.

I guess its all on how you like the looks, the 99 I think has the better design in the front and rear(bumper) and the headlights and grill as well. the front bumper has a wide open mouth look to it where the older pre 99 sentra's didnt have the big open spot that the 99's did. Its all on personal likes tho everyones there own person.

so this might work not too for sure tho

95-98 bumper with the 99 headlights and grill (seems like this one would work

Anyone else have ideals if the 98 bumper and 99 lights and grill will work or know for sure????

Donnie H.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts