Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I miss good ol' OT
1,716 Posts
Sure can. Need about $7k to do it.

Search the site before you think about engine swaps.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
its alot easier and cheaper if you dropped in the sr20 instead.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
sentra 98 said:
i know how to change the motor but what extra stuff do i need
its no where near as simple as simply "changing a motor"

·
Erin Go Bragh!
168 Posts
1.6pete said:
its no where near as simple as simply "changing a motor"
True. Fabrication, time, money, space, tools, extensive skills and knowledge is the key here. Oh, and gutting... dont forget the ever-lasting pain that gutting always seems to be.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DraftEm98 said:
True. Fabrication, time, money, space, tools, extensive skills and knowledge is the key here. Oh, and gutting... dont forget the ever-lasting pain that gutting always seems to be.
if i do get the bigger motor from what car should i take it from

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
the most comon and "easy" swap is the sr20de. its one of the best motors nissan has built. buy a donor car (to use to engine, tranny, harness, axels, all that good stuff) and swap it all over, but its still not that simple. i, on the other hand, am buying an 91 classic with new paint, 75k mile engine, full bolt ons, great int. all for $2000.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1.6pete said:
the most comon and "easy" swap is the sr20de. its one of the best motors nissan has built. buy a donor car (to use to engine, tranny, harness, axels, all that good stuff) and swap it all over, but its still not that simple. i, on the other hand, am buying an 91 classic with new paint, 75k mile engine, full bolt ons, great int. all for $2000.
if i take out the motor and put another one in will the 1.6 lt computer work on the 2.5 motor. and will the new axles from the 2.5 fit the disks. how about all of the sensors from the 1.6 do they connect the same to the 2.5 or do i have to adapt them?

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
there is a guy on this site and it has been taking him a year to do this swap. im sorry and dont take this the wrong way.....but if your asking these questions your not going to be able to do the swap. just either build up the GA or go through the hassle of an SR swap but the 2.5 swap is damned hard and there is a hell of alot of fabing that needs to be done.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1.6pete said:
there is a guy on this site and it has been taking him a year to do this swap. im sorry and dont take this the wrong way.....but if your asking these questions your not going to be able to do the swap. just either build up the GA or go through the hassle of an SR swap but the 2.5 swap is damned hard and there is a hell of alot of fabing that needs to be done.
if i put the mods in this motor how much hp can i get out of it i want about 250 can i get more?

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
are you willing to go turbo?

·
absolutely classic
455 Posts
sentra 98 said:
if i take out the motor and put another one in will the 1.6 lt computer work on the 2.5 motor. and will the new axles from the 2.5 fit the disks. how about all of the sensors from the 1.6 do they connect the same to the 2.5 or do i have to adapt them?
The ECU won't work from the 1.6. The hub on the 2.5 is 114.3x4 lug pattern. Your car now has 100x4 lug pattern, so I would say that won't work. None of the sensors are transferrable. Are you getting the idea yet? It's a difficult swap, no matter the experience of the people doing it. Like so many of the Guru's on this site say, all it takes is time and money... sometimes an assload of both.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts