Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did some brake work on my 98 Sentra, and now it cranks, but won't turn over. I was looking through some of the posts, and noticed a reference to moving the car while it is not running. I did roll it about 10 feet. Is this a legit. issue?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Probably not by moving the car, you could of disconnected something while working on your brakes under the hood, by accident or from entry to whatever, check everything under the hood, check for spark, check for fuel, check fuel pump fuse to see if it is blown.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
M.J., thanks for responding. By further search thru this excellent forum, I figured it out. I did fire up the car to move it now that I think about it, and there are several threads about owners having trouble starting their cars after they were moved a short distance after a cold start. Seems like there is some wacky engine flooding issue when certain models are fired up and drive a really short distance and turned off. The threads recommended pulling the fuel pump fuse, cranking the car to bleed off the excess gas, replacing the fuse, and Voila! What sort of clued me in was when I pulled the plug to check spark, and saw gas pooled in the cyinder opening. Nissan Forum, you saved my President's Day. Here is a virtual beer on me!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Markper, you deserve a virtual beer yourself

It stands to reason that your car flooded for that short amount of time that you ran it. The fuel/air mixture would have been rich, when you shut it off that little bit of time from when the spark ended to the engine stop turning must of been enough to flood it.
I was'nt thinking that, but thanks for the follow up, I'll keep that in mind for future use, that could apply to any car. Thanks....MJ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts