Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 Sentra SE. I need new struts all the way around. I'm about 15 miles away from 100,000 miles and I've had the car since it was brand new. The car is floating around when I hit bumps. My question is, what kind should I buy? I don't want to lower the car or anything like that, just return it to it's factory ride. I can get Nissan Struts for about $50 a piece. Should I opt for aftermarket struts? Also, do I have to replace the springs? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nostrodomas said:
You dont need to replace the springs. If you can get new oem struts for $50/ea and all you want is the factory ride, get thoes.
Well, what I don't want is a teeth shattering ride. If there are struts out there that will give me some added performance without sacrificing ride quality, I'd opt for those. :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nostrodomas said:
if you want adjustability, go with the KYB AGX's. If you just want similar maybe a lil better ride than stock, go with the gr-2's.
http://www.pickproparts.com/PartsList.aspx?AAIASubCategoryID=7556
I wanted to spend at the most $300. I also am not concerned about adjustability. I just want something that will make my car handle good with a smooth ride. The GR-2s are well within my price range.

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
i got KYB AGXs on mine, even tho my ride is dropped, the shocks/struts work excelent so i can only imagine what it does to a stock riding height car :D

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
he is using stock springs, AGXs are overkill and unnecessary, you're looking at a price of $400 shipped (before installation).

Springs basically last forever, at least in a car's timeline, it's something you shouldn't have to replace.

My recommendation, either go with the stockies (I guess it was mentioned that they are $50) or get some KYB GR2s. The GR2s are OEM replacement, slightly higher quality, should last a lot longer than the stock ones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts