Nissan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
98 sentra GXE 1.6L , auto, 130,000 miles- runs great-no reverse- all other gears pull/ shift fine- park/neutral fine- shift to reverse &:wtf: doesn't even try to pull- acts like in nuetral- checked linkage and it is shifting to position- is reverse just burned up or can it be something else?

·
Registered
505 Posts
98 sentra GXE 1.6L , auto, 130,000 miles- runs great-no reverse- all other gears pull/ shift fine- park/neutral fine- shift to reverse &:wtf: doesn't even try to pull- acts like in nuetral- checked linkage and it is shifting to position- is reverse just burned up or can it be something else?
Does it make noises? or does it sound like it's in N?

·
Registered
5 Posts
It`s a common problem with b14 from what I hear. My own cars reverse quit on me at 120 000km. I opened the tranny and found some worn clutch discs.
Did`nt bother to fix it, I swaped the tranny to 5 speed manual.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine is also a 98 sentra automatic 1.6L GA16DE all other gears are fine but does nothing in Reverse. No noise or anything. Gotten the vehicle used under 200k miles now has 28k more miles. I noticed when I had the front tires jacked up and placed in Neutral that the CV axle was slowly going forward and of course when in drive forward normally and back to Neutral I can see it s very slowly forward.

·
Registered
6 Posts
But not that heavy of a car can easily push back on left foot. Most of the time I just have to be mindful of where I park so I don't have to back out or park at a incline then just place in Neutral and coast back. Obviously you won't be driving in Spain during the Bull Running and you make a wrong turn and have to reverse lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts