Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm not sure if Im posting this in the right place. I just bought a 1998 sentra, that was previously my brother's sister in laws car, and before that he owned it. Well she had it for a few months and ran into the back of a Jeep, bought a brand new Toyota, and let the sentra sit in her driveway for 8 months, until I bought it off of her for $400.

Anyways, now I'm trying to fix the front end of the car. Basically everything in the front end is either cracked, or bent. So far I have the bumper, the bumper support, all of the grill, and the fenders off. BUT my question is how do the headlights come out? One of them was cracked so I pretty much tore it out but the other one I don't want to break, I dont have a clue as to how to the headlight assembly and the bracket (that holds them in place) even come out?

Sorry if it's a stupid question but I'm a real "noob" to doing this, so just try and bare with me..After I take them out its going straight to the body shop to pull out the radiator support. I have some pictures too if you want to see.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
There are bolts that hold the bracket that connects to the headlight. Look behind the radiator support you'll see them.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,244 Posts
yes 2
and under the side lamp.....2

·
Registered
136 Posts
I replaced horribly cloudy original housings with oem-like housings on eBay. They were definitely not made nearly as well as the originals. If you buy replacement knockoffs, mine came with an inferior clip for getting to replacing the bulbs. I took the metal clip of the originals and put in on the knockoffs.

From the person who helped me - one side is a major pain in the a**. I believe it was the side with the battery, the passenger. You're going to need some good tools to get that side out. And elbow grease.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,244 Posts
battery is on the drivers side in the USA !!
You have to move the coolant bottle and some wiring harness to get to the passenger side, remove the battery for the drivers side.
Remove the side marker lamps for the last 2 attachments per side.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow this sounds like alot of work just to take out some headlights! Anyways I feel like an idiot because I do see the bolts now, I just needed to look a little better.

I havent even tried becuase I've been so busy but I'll let you know what happens

1 - 6 of 6 Posts