Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my girlfriend has a 98 nissan sentre 16 valve automatic as of now it wont start but the day before it stopped it had a very little weak start but fired up no problem then next morning she went to go to work and it wouldnt start i made sure the battery had a good charge tapped the starter and got nothing out of it when i try to turn it over it will somewhat turn but its very slow and it almost sounds like somethings binding up and then one time when i turn it it does nothing or it may click once n then thats it and thats all with a charger/jumper box on it any type of help would be great since im new to the whole nissan deal thanks

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Have you tried jump starting it ?
It sounds like a bad battery or battery terminal/connector dirty.
If jump stating does not work then look at the stater.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i tried to jump it with the battery charger/jumper box and tried jumpin it with another car.. and tried tappen the starter checked the battery cables and all tehy seemed ok but when we tried starting it if it would turn it would turn real slow either way and it sounded like something binded up inside thats givein it a hard time to allow the motor to turn oils good and everything there.. but then sometimes if it doesnt turn ne it will either click maybe once or twice and then nothing or it will jus do nothing right off the bat

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Well if you are sure its not the battery it must be the starter.
I suggest taking it off and taking in to an auto parts store and getting it tested.
but slow turn over sounds to me more like the battery.
maybe take both in ??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts