Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully someone can help me on this issue. When It is cooler outside or cold my car starts perfectly fine. When Its warmer or hot outside it will turn over for about 10-15 seconds than finally start. This problems cost me 3 starter rebuilds so far and i'd just love to fix it. (might it be the egr temp sensor?)

·
Registered
734 Posts
egr temp sensor was only used in the California model. it would help us alot if you could tell us if you have a California model or not. But my wifes 92 sentra does the same thing. I believe hers is caused by low compression. I have not checked it tho. How many miles are on the car? give us more info to help better understand. is the check engine light on?

·
Registered
734 Posts
well you need to check the engine codes. if you dont know how to do it your self then run a search here on how to. i have posted it so many times. no telling what sensor is bad. i remembered your is 98.......you should be able to go to a parts store and have them run a scan tool to tell you what sensor is bad. it kinda sounds like a coolant temp sensor.

·
Registered
734 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
So is my 96 and there are no codes at all. I think my problem is the check valve in the fuel pump causing system drain back. I have seen this before on other cars as well........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts