Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My "engine check" was on last night my acceleration on every stop signs was slow than usual, I was reading the manual and it says do not acceed more than 75KM/h, then i checked my ECU and leads me to a problem code 1108with Shift Solenoid A. Now my questions are, how can i fix this problem(with picture details please :loser:) and it is a major problem? Will I still be able to drive during the weekends?

thanks

· MODR H8R
3,380 Posts
How mechanicaly inclined are you? LOL. Sorry but from what I found it could be a bit of work.

Quote:
Originally posted by davey6693
Oh crap.. Got a CEL this morning, 1108 "Shift Solenoid A". That would seem to correlate with me not even making third on the way to work this morning! (thank God it's only a 5 min drive) Still, that's not too bad is it? I heard that solenoids aren't killer expensive and not hard to replace. Anyone done this before?
Thanks again

Solenoids are easy to replace. Just make sure you find out and replace the correct one. You will also need a new pan gasket and plenty of fluid to fill back. You may want to either replace or clean your filter while you are in there. Now that I think about it, you will have to drop the whole VB to change the solenoid, so be sure and go on Mobiltek's website and print out their instructions. When you drop the VB, make sure to inspect the 4 flat O-ring seals between the VB and the tranny case. Believe me when I tell you that those measly rings will cause you hours of headaches if they are torn or broken loose. Trust me.

Thats just what I found on "another site".

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah already red this one, so i went to a garage and they couldn't fix dunno if its an excuse to leave early but they told me to go to the dealer... unfortunally dealers are close during the weekend in my area.

so is it a really big issue? i mean can i drive at least for tonight as long im not exceeding 52mph(75kmh) ??!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.