Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if Nissan sells a silver paint to match the wheels on a '98 Frontier King Cab 2WD with 6-spoke 15x6 aluminum wheels?

Or an aftermarket paint that would be a close match.

Thx..........ed

·
Registered
344 Posts
Anyone know if Nissan sells a silver paint to match the wheels on a '98 Frontier King Cab 2WD with 6-spoke 15x6 aluminum wheels?

Or an aftermarket paint that would be a close match.

Thx..........ed
Ed,

Just doing a simple google search I found this Kit:

https://scratchwizard.net/alloy-wheel-repair-kit/nissan-alloy-wheel-repair-kit.html

This is just 1 wheel touch up kit; I've seen other's as well, Maybe on EBay or Amazon.

Just Google Search and you'll readily find them.

GL

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ed,

Just doing a simple google search I found this Kit:

https://scratchwizard.net/alloy-wheel-repair-kit/nissan-alloy-wheel-repair-kit.html

This is just 1 wheel touch up kit; I've seen other's as well, Maybe on EBay or Amazon.

Just Google Search and you'll readily find them.

GL
I've done a lot of searching and have been unable to find the exact-match paint for the wheels, or even what Nissan calls the color.

The Scratch Wizard $40 kit has only 4 oz of actual paint and I'm not paying that much for something that includes black paint, which I might have to use to darken their silver paint "if necessary".

There has to be a paint out there that is the exact match to these wheels, and that's what I'm looking for. Otherwise I guess I'll just have to repaint all of them, which is a shame because the others are in perfect condition.

Thanks for the tip, though........ed

·
Registered
344 Posts
I've done a lot of searching and have been unable to find the exact-match paint for the wheels, or even what Nissan calls the color.

The Scratch Wizard $40 kit has only 4 oz of actual paint and I'm not paying that much for something that includes black paint, which I might have to use to darken their silver paint "if necessary".

There has to be a paint out there that is the exact match to these wheels, and that's what I'm looking for. Otherwise I guess I'll just have to repaint all of them, which is a shame because the others are in perfect condition.

Thanks for the tip, though........ed
Ed,

If the wheels on your '08 are original,, then the paint will have faded over the year's, and I don't think that you'll find an exact match. The only way to get an exact match, that I know of is to get a Kit, that will allow you to change the color by mixing in another color with their Kit.

Or You can also go to an Auto Paint Store and ask them to make up a batch of paint to match your Wheel's; I've done that before on Body Paint, which is probly the cheapest and easiest to do.

If your wheels are aluminum alloy, there are utube video's showing how to strip and polish the aluminum.

There are also Wheel Refurbish Shop's that can also mix up the exact color for your wheels.

Seem's to me that Nissan ought to supply touchup paint for their Wheels. I imagine that there is enough people that would buy it, but maybe Nissan figure's that We can just as easily go to an Auto Paint Store and get a batch mixed up.

GL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts